new card game idea

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: new card game idea

Post by jack1974 »

The description is generic because it was an idea and wanted to nail down the core gameplay first. When/if get to make it, will obviously give it some personality, don't worry :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Conquering a region or town could give you a romanceable love interest. ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Then I would need to write at least 120k words of a plot, wait 1 year for writer to finish (which is normal, nobody can write a long and good story so quickly), raise price to $19.99 and basically make one of my usual games :lol:
Not saying it would be a bad idea, but if I want to make something different I really need to do that :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:Then I would need to write at least 120k words of a plot, wait 1 year for writer to finish (which is normal, nobody can write a long and good story so quickly), raise price to $19.99 and basically make one of my usual games :lol:
Not saying it would be a bad idea, but if I want to make something different I really need to do that :)
I don't think that is necessary a way it has to be. I get impression that you think game eater has to be a story driven with long and complex story or has no story at all and forgetting an option in between, not being a story driven game but does have some short story in between missions and behind big quests 10k - 20k words long, and didn't you say you written a story for your first games yourself like PS1? Sure the quality of stories of your latest games is a lot above PS1 but hey it is not a story driven game so it is ok if story is not mind-blowing and having some sort so-so story is better then not having any, isn't it?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I plan to have some games with a story, but not a "VN length story" (which means usually 100k+ words). In general I like story based games so it's not that I don't want to add it, but more like I want to target people not usually playing my games. Though I guess if I make the story part fully skippable, it shouldn't be a problem for those who aren't interested in the story :)