What are you playing?

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: What are you playing?

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes I saw that one! Though not really competition... that company probably has at least 10 full time employees and a slightly higher budged than my games!! :lol:
(I mean of course it's a game similar to mine but I can't ever hope to compete with such levels!)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Well, competition for the same customers, if not a direct competition of overall quality. They did also run a Kickstarter to fund the game, which I imagine was necessary for the full voice acting (SO MANY LINES!).

Still, that's no guarantee that the final game will turn out so amazing, and they're quickly getting rid of bugs too. In any case, a fantastic OEVN! I recommend.
SerTabris
Young scout

Post by SerTabris »

Possibly not all of the same customers, either: I looked at it and concluded that you couldn't play as a woman so I wasn't interested. (There are enough visual novels out there that have F/F options that I don't tend to consider romance ones that don't without a very strong recommendation.)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I wanted to play a visual novel as change of pace, and Ghosts of Miami, caught my eye. The colorful art is deceptive, since the story has some dark themes, with a few romance options to add some levity. I enjoyed the first play through, but replaying can be a chore due to the lack of QoL features like multiple save slots and and ability fast forward previously read text. However, due to stubbornness on my part, I played through all romance routes and got the true ending.
Last edited by Jaeger on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I remember Ghosts of Miami as pretty cute, darker than expected and having poor quality of life implementation. It has yuri romance though, so big plus there. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

When in doubt, just add yuri (tm) :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I am NOT playing this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/8178 ... _Business/
but only because I don't have time, but it's a perfect example of what I mean when I say that I want to mix VN with gameplay stuff. Though in this case I suspect it's more dating sim and the texts amounts are small. Eventually I'll get to play it but just looking at the trailer made me curious.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:24 pm I am NOT playing this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/8178 ... _Business/
but only because I don't have time, but it's a perfect example of what I mean when I say that I want to mix VN with gameplay stuff. Though in this case I suspect it's more dating sim and the texts amounts are small. Eventually I'll get to play it but just looking at the trailer made me curious.
I kickstarted it, I will be playing at some point.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Playing World of Horror. If you want to do retro style graphics, this works really well for a horror game.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I saw that! Looks really interesting, and I agree that 1-bit art works well. Maybe even 8-bit art would work :D