General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Franka »

Mar 31: Persona 5 Royal
Apr 3: Resident Evil 3 Remake
Apr 10: Final Fantasy VII Remake

MY WALLET!!! (What's with all the remakes and enhanced editions?)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heh I have never played/bought Persona 5 :mrgreen:
I played the old ones from PS2 era though. The main problem is that now I don't have enough free time to play such HUGE games anymore... ;_;
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I bought so many different versions of the same Persona games...

Persona 3
Persona 3 FES
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4
Persona 4 Golden (and a PSTV to play it)
Persona 5
Persona 5 Royal

When will I learn to just wait for the enhanced editions?
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Overall, I enjoyed Persona 5. I played through it twice, which is something I rarely do given its length. However, I'm not in hurry to get Royal. I'm trying to get better at playing more games in my backlog, let alone finishing them. I want to finish Persona 3 FES one day, but ever since my PS2 started having trouble reading discs, I have been reluctant to use it anymore.

A few days ago, I finally got around to finishing Avadon 2, after dropping it for months. While not as bad as the first Avadon, the endgame was a chore.

Now, I going to back to Baldur's Gate EE. I'm nearing Ch 6 and trying to figure old what spells I want to get for my two mages before I proceed further.
Last edited by Jaeger on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

While 'sheltering in place due to COVID-19, I'm playing Sid Meier's Pirates.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I remember playing a lot that game! It was awesome. I also liked Sid Meier Train sim, I don't remember the exact name but was a very simplified train sim management, very fun and easy to learn :)

I am currently playing Borderlands 3, last game I bought... no time for much playing sadly. I mean, I have humble and gamepass but I mostly do it to check other games and see how they did things, copy-ahem, "gain inspiration" from them :wink:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Jaeger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:01 am Overall, I enjoyed Persona 5. I played through it twice, which is something I rarely do given its length. However, I'm not in hurry to get Royal.
I thought I wasn't, but then it turned out I was. 15 hours played since launch, I think?
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Due to the the quaratine, I have been able to finish some games

Baldur's Gate EE -- I played the original a while back, but never finished far. However, the combination of understanding the game better and some additions that came from BG2 made it more enjoyable. The ending left much to be desired though.....

Expeditions: Viking -- Resource management and survival isn't as critical compared to Conquistador. However, I enjoy the greater freedom when it comes character creation.

Mages of Mystralia-- On the surface, it's similar to the Zelda series. The most interesting thing about the game is ability for players to design spells, which has applications in combat and puzzle-solving.

Currently, I'm playing Steamworld Heist, which has an interesting take on turn-based combat. Shooting requires manual aiming, combined with bullets that will ricochet off obstacles, can used for trick shots that can bypass cover. It's easier said than done though, especially without the assistance of laser sights.
Last edited by Jaeger on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Of those the only one I played is Steamworld Heist and I found it very fun to play, simple but at same time addictive :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:03 am Of those the only one I played is Steamworld Heist and I found it very fun to play, simple but at same time addictive :)
I think it's the positioning and bullet physics that gives that game depth without bogging it down with lots of rules. I wish the game was more generous with inventory though, because within a couple of hours of playing, I'm already forced to sell off my items to make room for the new ones.