What are you playing?

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Jaeger
Druid

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jaeger »

Winkie22 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:07 pm If you want good story and good char development choose trails. But if you haven't played the first in the series most of the story doesn't make sense. I recommend play trails first chapter first then sc then the third. trails of cold steel takes place after sky it's not necessary to play them after you finish those but you will get major spoilers if you do. I hope that helps with which your gonna play next
I guess I'll go for Trails in the Sky SC, since I liked the first one. I have reservations about 3rd though, since I've heard it leans towards dungeon crawling. Thanks for the suggestion.

Franka wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:17 am I tried playing Trails once, but all I can say is, it was not for me. DQXI is fine, if you know what kind of game Dragon Quest is, plenty to do, pretty character designs but not exactly the height of originality - Unlike Nier: Automata, but that's not really an RPG, J or otherwise. It's also a game you have to complete 3-4 times, or you'll be missing out on most of the game, but at least each playthrough is fairly different.
My experience with Dragon Quest is limited to DQ IX, so I'm not sure how much it is a representative of the series. If it's not far off from the rest of the series, I might like it.

jack1974 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:04 pm Sadly I don't play anymore games with a lot of texts. I think when you make those kind of games yourself, after a day of work you want to relax and not READ EVEN MORE TEXTS :lol:
(also in a foreign language that doesn't help for sure lol)
I tend to ignore text that games that feel disconnected from the main game. Pillars of Eternity has plenty of it, such as messages on gravestones and "soul reading" backer NPCs.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I got Cyberpunk as well but for now I paused playing it since I found some crashing bugs. Besides I have first to finish Valhalla yet.
It's the first time that I got two AAA titles, and both had game-stopping bugs (bugs that if I didn't reload an old save would prevent me from going on!). Despite the long delays looks like they were rushed out too early. Of course are also super-complex games, so there's that.

If I had a PS5 I'd be surely buying Demon's Souls but PS5 are sold out everywhere here in Italy so that game will have to wait :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well finally this week I had time to resume playing some games, and I started with the new Life is strange:true colors.
It was amazing honestly. The story is better than the others, and Alex is really cute. Steph is hot as well (sorry Ryan I didn't care at all about you lol).
Currently my favorite on par with the first one, second is before the storm. Life is strange 2 is the only one I didn't even bother to finish (main characters boring and annoying plus no yuri romance!? that's too much lol).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Maybe I should give it a chance. I was so let down by LiS2 and Tell Me Why, I haven't felt like getting into this type of game again.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lis2 is the worst game in the series BY FAR. I got free on Gamepass, and I couldn't even bother to finish the story despite getting it for free. This says it all :lol:
I liked Tell me why, not the top, but was OK. This one was great IMHO. Also, super cute romance option:
and I really liked the main character. In the other games the main character was good, but in this one, it's great. Cute, asian, chubby :) I think she is one of my favorite female main characters of all times.
Bonus: she plays guitar. All yuri romances must have a cute guitar playing girl!
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

I'm playing a NSFW title (it's a work in progress) called CO Fresh Girls.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:26 am I liked Tell me why, not the top, but was OK.
Hmm, maybe I shouldn't trust your recommendation. :lol: I didn't get very far before putting it away, probably forever. I think it was disliking the characters.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha well this one is good even compared to the first Lis game (for many people, is better than the first, and I agree). Of course now I don't want to have created such huge expectation... :mrgreen:
Anyway yeah tastes are tastes, for example I couldn't even bother to play halfway through ME:Andromeda, while I think you finished it, etc etc.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Absolutely true. But then I know I automatically like underdogs better than most. If the consensus is that something sucks, there's a good chance I like it (more than most anyway) on principle.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

To be fair today I rewatched some scenes on youtube and yeah, I forgot about Tell Me Why, I didn't like the two protagonists either, they were either annoying or flat (in my humble opinion of course). I think this LIS: true colors instead has the best main character and the cutest (because you can't hope for anything more from AAA mainstream games!) lesbian romance :) so at least that!