World War II: TCG

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
Franka
Elder Druid

World War II: TCG

Post by Franka »

My new favorite card game of the week. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1019 ... ar_II_TCG/

What is it? A collectible card game simulating WWII in campaigns set all around the world. You collect units, gear and orders and use them to go through the single player campaign, or get destroyed in PvP.

Let's get the crap out of the way: It's "free", but they want to sell you stuff. Yes, they push a lot of offers on you. Having said that, I just cleared level 81 of the single player campaign, and all I've spent is $1 to unlock a third deck slot (which I didn't actually need). If you're good at card games and don't mind grinding for gold to buy packs, you can get a lot of fun out of this one without paying anything. It does get very hard, and some content, like raids, is impossible to complete without serious commitment to months of grinding or putting down cash.

What new mechanics does this have? This is the fun part. You have 3 play points per turn. Putting a card into play costs 1. However, you can also upgrade units in play for 1-3 points, depending on the unit. Each unit can be upgraded twice. When a unit dies, it's shuffled back into the deck, keeping its current upgrade, so it's big and nasty when you play it again! Abilities on the unit also upgrade, so "put into play" abilities can be used strategically by early upgrades. Gear also gets improved when put on upgraded units (and is shuffled back when detroyed), so it doesn't lose relevance later in the game. Very neat!

Visually, it's not particularly appealing. Tanks, soldiers, ships, aircraft, very bland. It's the gameplay I like, and that it has so much single player content. I'll probably cut down or stop within a week or two, but right now I'm loving it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: World War II: TCG

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks going to check it out :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: World War II: TCG

Post by Franka »

Oh, if anyone wants to try it, feel free to use my friend code for some gold and some loot for me.
IGAIRPKV

I don't know how it's used exactly, it can only be used by people below level 8, and I just got to lv96...