about this RPG

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: about this RPG

Post by jack1974 »

Well obviously I have backups :) I have backup to 2 external HD every hour, and online in cloud every 4h. Will lose nothing of current work, but if I have to reinstall Windows and/or move everything on another PC, will waste a day for sure minimum.
I think will first try to clean the PC, is full of dust inside :lol:
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

This is not just "good backups", this is "really paranoid backups". I approve. :mrgreen:

Yes, setting up a new PC takes quite some time (and usually causes some frustration, when a program just does not work with a certain driver, or whatever). Hopefully it is really just the dust.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes, I'm REALLY paranoid about my stuff, after I lost a week of work about...20 years ago, when I just started coding. Since then, I've always done backups all the ways possible, because pc just breaks randomly like that :)
I am really at the latest 2 scenes so would be a pity if I can't finish this week. I have several errands to do though, including a visit to vet with a cat (150km of driving) so my effective working days this week are probably 3-4 max :oops:
Going to clean the dust now...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

working at fullspeed, almost at the last scene! then in next days will recheck everything since I'm sure I left some bug (and maybe I can make some stuff longer).
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

jack1974 wrote:(and maybe I can make some stuff longer)
There's no end to the fanservice!
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Tsk was talking about the quests, obviously :wink:
I am also having the main menu redone, hope to have that ready for the beta too since is coming out very nice :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Nice to see Winter Wolves now going to have a winter wolf ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Some users on twitter made me notice the difference in quality of the wolf drawing... indeed I didn't use the same artist. I'll see other opinion, in case will ask main artist to redraw them and replace them later (beside that wolf there are other animals).
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Now I picture some mischievous lass hiding one in a snowman for her bratty brother.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm unsure what to do right now - I'm still missing a few pieces of art, and should recheck a bit the story/quests but in practice the whole 1st part is done. I am also having the main menu redone with a nice image. So the question if is to just release the beta now (since is beta, there can be missing stuff) or wait more time.
I think I'll probably just release it to get feedback about the combat/gameplay... mumble mumble...