AI Does the Darndest Things

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: AI Does the Darndest Things

Post by jack1974 »

Are you sure that you were healed? it might have been a wrong display in the text but maybe worked OK in the code? otherwise I need to test but damn is hard to reproduce :lol:
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

I saw Vaelis' HP go up from around 140 to 172 upon the hit. :P If I can catch a mid-battle save, I'll send it to you. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, or even just a battle with the chances of happening, since this one will be hard to track down!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Got the save and fixed it, the problem was with the Instakill. Now if you trigger it, you don't get any damage reflected (so those skills also get this small bonus of ignoring mirror/reflecting damage buffs).
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Snake Beastmaster (Rash'Antar) just used defend even though he's in the back row with his snake alive. He has 178 HP/66 SP and had previously been using Double Attack and Regenerate. Captured a save after the defend if you want it.

When I killed his snake, he proceeded to repeatedly Strike Through Vaelis, even though that's the one party member that has nobody behind him.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Time to upgrade this one to the new AI too... or maybe the beastmaster is just dumb ? :lol:
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Okay, I don't know anymore which thread I should really post this bug in, but because it seems (not sure) to be related to the enemies' madness skill, I'll put it here. Rowinda is already mad. So if you inflict madness on her, she goes into GOD-mode. Shit, now even Vaelis looks like a mortal again:
Spoiler:
Insane negative damage on the backrow (will only inflict 0 on the first guy, so at least she won't heal nor kill him...unlike the second guy):
Spoiler:
I'll send you a mid-battle save right from that spot. :P If you want a save from just before the battle, I can send that, too.

EDIT: I got even better after I tested out what happens to the rows, reloaded the save...checked the battle dmg-predictions again..which were even higher then, hit the skill, and I ended up with this:
Spoiler:
:D:D:D Are we having fun yet, my pretties?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha it seems her stats increase instead of going down? going to check the save, if you have one at start of battle send it too :)

edit: Ah no, I checked, it has negative stats values so that's the problem! Weird, I thought I put a limit a few days ago but seems is not working!
edit2: Haha found it - I prevented negative values but only TO ENEMY, not to party members, I forgot there were two separate functions :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

This is technically Act 2 combat, but I used manticore poison + Jariel's slowing song, and half the mirror Yeldins just used defend (mostly the ones in the back row). Guess I should've stocked up on that some more.

Finally in Act 3, the back row Kraken tentacles like pulling mages to the front. So I have Rowinda in front of Shea, and sometimes they pull one then the other. :) Then again, sometimes they're smart enough to Maul, Tentacle Sweep, or do something else. And then sometimes they just spam Submerge. (7 turns not enough? Let's submerge again!)

(Also, something is off in the sound for Leash/Lash sound effect. Sounds like my speakers are popping.)

I think the empire is addicted to drugs. I'm attacking their camp on the two volcano island, and once they get low, they just chain-chug 50HP healing potions. Specifically the Empire Captain and Rangers (Recruits died too fast to check).

I find it amusing when I bring an Empire Ranger to the front row and he decides to swap places with the remaining Ranger in the back row (instead of, you know, the empty slot). It's like he's intentionally leaving his pal to die.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Grub/Slime packs, while freaking annoying to kill, seem weird to me...

The slimes just sit in the back row spamming Bubble Coat and Regenerate on themselves. Quite frankly not even participating in the battle until the front line falls. I was going to ask, shouldn't they regen the front row, but instead I'll ask, shouldn't they be the front row?
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.