C14 Dating 0.9.6 beta !

An otome dating sim in the archeology world! https://www.winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm
Pace675
Druid

Re: C14 Dating 0.9.1 beta !

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:Kitty just sent me a new version of that puzzle: Image
will show up when I do a new update (but I'm waiting to see if something else shows up first).
Throwing us a bone? XD
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

Oniyuri wrote: In case the appearances of the puzzles are consistent throughout the game, this was the puzzle from Week 3 Monday. Interestingly enough, using the mouse wheel to scroll back "the history" (this was a save game I loaded, so I was hoping to take note of the week and day) too much here, causes the "End of Free Trial" to appear. I am guessing the trial ends at the start of week 3? I don't think it is a big issue, since not many people would scroll here, but figured I would mention it. I actually found this kind of amusing :lol:
Yeah, I was being an idiot here for thinking the excavation mini-games had to do with the week and day... orz Anyway, when I finished my first playthrough, I had to reactivate the game again for the full version. I think it may have been because I scrolled back here and got the trial end screen.

Some more typos:
Spoiler:
  • "I think that's completely different field..." -> "I think that's a completely different field..."
  • "the students gathered around Augustin, who was briefed them on the duties" -> "the students gathered around Augustin, who was briefing them on the duties"
  • "After we gathered the items we needed for the station, went outside." -> "After we gathered the items we needed for the station, we went outside."
  • "No problem, I thought was pretty cool for the local museum" -> "No problem, I thought it was pretty cool for the local museum"
  • "There're many places I never seen before" -> "There're many places I have never seen before"
  • Rosemarie says "The results are in! I KNEW IT! I always had a good eye for these things." and Melissa responds with "Knew good eyes of what?". Melissa's response read a bit awkwardly for me, but that might just be me?
  • "He trailed off and glanced between the two of us as we tried to mask our knowing smiles." and then Hendrik says "... What is it." I don't know if this was supposed to end in a question mark (i.e. "... What is it?").
  • "I think it was whole shovel by the ditch scenario..." -> "I think it was the whole shovel by the ditch scenario..."
  • "We'll need to confirm everything, and I'll to fire off some emails" -> "We'll need to confirm everything, and I'll have to fire off some emails"
Some other minor things that may or may not be an issue:
Spoiler:
  • After solving the "Hafting" excavation mini-game (for me it was on Week 8 Monday), the cave was shown with an empty dialog box (as if a scene would happen) and then it immediately went back to the schedule. Normally you would go directly from the mini-game to the schedule.
  • Wrong background (but this could have been intentional): Week 7 Wednesday (festival day), accept the invitation from Hendrik to see an atlatl, the two go outside (the line reads "After we gathered the items we needed for the station"), the background is just the normal one without any chairs (at the start of the day and a few scenes later as well, the background contains a bunch of chairs for the festival).
All Hendrik's images were unlocked in the gallery.

I'll be starting a second playthrough shortly (yay!) :)
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

Started a new playthrough a little while ago and it seems that if you read a journal entry on a previous playthrough, and start a new game and look at your journal, that entry will be shown even though the lists are all empty.
Spoiler:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the report, about your last bug probably a variable that is not reset correctly (the list is correctly empty, but maybe the currently selected entry is not reset).
Oniyuri
Young scout

Re: C14 Dating 0.9.2 beta !

Post by Oniyuri »

I didn't have enough time to play more TT_TT so I'm still on my second playthrough, but here are some more possible typos (this is still from 0.9.1):
Spoiler:
  • "Shoji took a step forward, but stopped to sturdy me" -> "Shoji took a step forward, but stopped to steady me"
  • "Yanking my earbuds out, I slipped from of the covers." -> "Yanking my earbuds out, I slipped out from the covers." or "Yanking my earbuds out, I slipped from the covers."
  • "with this I'll be able to increase my velocity and strength of the spear throw using leverage" -> "with this I'll be able to increase my velocity and the strength of the spear throw using leverage"
  • "I was called in to assist a colleague with a scared burial ground." -> "I was called in to assist a colleague with a sacred burial ground."
Also I noticed that with the excavation mini-game, it is possible to click the same hint multiple times and it will decrease the number of available hints.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks :) no problem, the 0.9.2 only difference is that minigame and a fixed buynow screen, so you can still play in 0.9.1. Will ask coder about the hint issue.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have also fixed a problem reported by another user, if you set the bigger/alternative font style, in the cave minigame the numbers would be all shift off the columns/rows, making impossible to play the game :lol: so I will "force" the old style during those games, and then revert back to the old one during the dialogues.
Oniyuri
Young scout

Re: C14 Dating 0.9.3 beta !

Post by Oniyuri »

Finished my second playthrough :) All of Kyler's gallery images were successfully unlocked.

More potential typos:
Spoiler:
  • "I prefer the term 'communicative'" -> "I prefer the term 'communicative.'" (full stop)
  • "I learned you weren't so bad once I gotten to know you." -> "I learned you weren't so bad once I got to know you."
  • "rhinos, red foxes, a family of Neandertals, and many many bats." -> "rhinos, red foxes, a family of Neandertals, and many, many bats." (comma)
  • "He seemed a little embarrassed that had slipped his mind" -> "He seemed a little embarrassed that that had slipped his mind" (maybe I didn't note enough context for this...)
  • "Once the pile grown, she handled them out to anyone interested in a little souvenir." -> "Once the pile had grown, she handed them out to anyone interested in a little souvenir."
  • "A perfect blend of sticky, sweet and bitterness to balance it." -> "A perfect blend of sticky and sweet, and bitterness to balance it."
  • "Deandre had an encouraging look on his face, then he suddenly slapped Kyle on the back." -> "Deandre had an encouraging look on his face, then he suddenly slapped Kyler on the back."
  • "Um, right now it's positioned to look the stars" -> "Um, right now it's positioned to look at the stars"
  • "He wouldn't have done it if he didn't feel you you were up to it." -> "He wouldn't have done it if he didn't feel you were up to it."
  • "and how far back do the tar pits go chronological wise?" -> "and how far back do the tar pits go chronological-wise?" (not too sure about this...)
  • "If anything it made our devotion stronger, and I was knew in my heart" -> "If anything it made our devotion stronger, and I knew in my heart"
  • "paused the movie with the remote since I was no condition to keep watching" -> "paused the movie with the remote since I was in no condition to keep watching"
  • "Kyler shook his head amusingly, then resumed the movie" -> "Kyler shook his head amusedly, then resumed the movie" (I think the former would indicate that Kyler is doing something amusing, rather than being amused by Melissa)
  • "A loud creak was heard from above, and I glanced around alarmingly before calming down." -> "A loud creak was heard from above, and I glanced around alarmed before calming down."
  • "The interviews are in February and I'll be accompanying the students as mentor." -> "The interviews are in February and I'll be accompanying the students as a mentor."
  • "I was lucky Sherri squeaked me in despite being a second year" -> "I was lucky Sherri squeezed me in despite being a second year"
Excavation journal entry possible typos:
Spoiler:
  • Cave bear skull: "they were opportunistic omnivores, and would eat caresses." -> "they were opportunistic omnivores, and would eat carcasses."
  • Cave hyena: "it is known that cave hyenas dragged caresses back for consumption" -> "it is known that cave hyenas dragged carcasses back for consumption"
  • Hafting: "Neandertals hafted by sharping one end" -> "Neandertals hafted by sharpening one end"
  • Context: "archaeologists can determine its age, how it was deposited, and even function of the object" -> "archaeologists can determine its age, how it was deposited, and even the function of the object"
  • Cave bear: "used their bones as retouchers (re-sharpen) for their stone tools" -> "used their bones as retouchers (re-sharpeners) for their stone tools" (maybe?)
  • Stone tools aka silex: "which provided numerous uses such as scraping, cutting, to butchering" -> "which provided numerous uses such as scraping, cutting, and butchering"
Other (Kyler's clothes):
Spoiler:
Week 7 Friday, Kyler is shown with his red and black shirt with the collar (the line reads "Kyler emerged from his tent, and hoisted a knapsack over his shoulder.") When Melissa gives him s'mores a short while later, he is wearing the brown shirt with a blue hoodie (the line starts with "I delicately handed Kyler a perfectly arranged s'more."). And after that there is the scene with the hoodie... (The red and black shirt didn't matter for the alternate ending path, since Kyler leaves after they make plans for the next week.) Although something similar happens for Week 8 Friday (both ending paths), it didn't feel strange since Kyler left for quite a while before coming back later.
Other (menu):
Once again, probably not a big deal, but this happens on the load and save menus: If you hover over the "Exit Game" icon, only the upper part will exit the game, the lower part will cause the "next page" button to be highlighted and switch pages for the save game slots. A rough illustration of the dividing line:

A quick question, is Augustin good or bad at English? I encountered a dialog where he seemed to leave out a number of articles in the sentences, but I don't know if it was on purpose (since I don't think it happens in other conversations I've read so far).

And Kyler blushing... is really cute ^_^
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

Ok, so this may end up being really embarrassing since it may show that I'm really not good at this, but here are the excavation mini-games up to the point I could solve them logically without hints (or trial-and-error) with some alternative solutions (I think... :lol: ) when applicable:
Spoiler:
Trowel:

Context:
Context - an alternative solution:

Water (although its really easy to test out the two possible solutions from here):

Hafting:
Hafting - an alternative solution (looks like there are more combinations):

??? (1 of 4):

??? (3 of 4):

"??? (2 of 4)" and "??? (4 of 4)" were basically mirror images, so if you kept track of the previous solutions, then they would be easy (otherwise they would have been the same as the above).
The other excavation mini-games I could solve without hints, etc. and quite enjoyed them :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the feedback once again, I've fixed the button and typos already. Since are minor things will wait a bit more before doing next update :)