C14 Dating 0.9.6 beta !

An otome dating sim in the archeology world! https://www.winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

C14 Dating 0.9.6 beta !

Post by jack1974 »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOTHHHHHHHHH download the beta here:
http://www.macgames.biz/games/C14Dating-0.9.6-all.zip

and don't forget to buy the game here :wink:
http://winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm

What's New in 0.9.6 (release candidate, there shouldn't be really any more bugfixes after this one)
- fixed more typos (including French)
- fixed wrong alignment of the stat
- fixed Joanne's wrong necklace image in some poses
- I thought to add a skip function but since I'm not sure what happens if you run out of puzzles, for now skip just won't advance you to the next puzzle. I definitely don't want to add a potential bug now :)

What's New in 0.9.4
- replaced the trowel puzzle with an easier version
- lots of typos fixed
- the journal entry wasn't reset correctly if you skipped minigames (now should be always reset)

What's New in 0.9.3
- during the cave minigame the old font style is always used, since otherwise could cause alignment problems with the rows/columns
- clicking twice the same column/row won't consume another hint (before you could run out of hints even if you clicked always the same number)
- fixed some more typos

What's New in 0.9.2
- fixed the buynow rollback bug: if you save while in the buy screen, when reloading it will still show up (can't fix this) but at least now, if you rollback from the scene just after the buy now, it won't show up anymore :)
- the selected entry in journal was kept even after you started a new game, now it's cleared
- fixed typos and updated the new puzzle Kitty sent me for the nanogram minigame

What's New in 0.9.1
- fixed a bug that was displaying week 5 even when was week 8 (final scenes)
- added an option at beginning of the game to change the font style/size and background dialogue. It should make the text much more readable (which will be also useful for the future mobile version). Also added a new button while in game (with a "F" letter) to toggle old/new style anytime
- the night backgrounds were erroneously displayed if you picked the Volunteer activity in the scheduler (after week3). Now they should display correctly! :)

It should be possible to get all the endings, CGs, chibi mini-CGs, etc. There's quite a lot of content, so it's possible that even if we tested it, something went wrong. Let us know if you can see everything that there is in the gallery (some stuff could take several attempts, even if we tried to make the game not too hard!).
mizu_ki
Woods ranger

Re: C14 Dating 0.9 beta !

Post by mizu_ki »

Thanks. *Quickly runs off*
mizu_ki
Woods ranger

Post by mizu_ki »

There are times when it is impossible to get the right force. I needed 28 but could only get 22 even though I picked the three highest force items.
mizu_ki
Woods ranger

Post by mizu_ki »

Never mind. You can only pick three tools in the tutorial but you can pick more afterwards. Maybe it's just me but I think letting us know how many tools are needed per item would be helpful.
Last edited by mizu_ki on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I admit I didn't play much the minigames myself (I focused on the dating sim part). But yes I think probably is better to say that in the tutorial you can only use three tools :)
mizu_ki
Woods ranger

Post by mizu_ki »

Spoiler:
When you meet Rosemarie, she mentions that it's lunchtime however the background is set for nighttime.
NeverForget24
Young scout

Post by NeverForget24 »

Finally are C14 Dating out, after take shower, I'm going to try the demo :P
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

*DOWNLOADS* " YOU are awesome :D Thanks!
mizu_ki
Woods ranger

Post by mizu_ki »

- I don't know why but on my second run through, most of my daytime scenes have become nighttime.

- A 'Clear' button for the cave task would be nice when we royally screw up. :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha regarding your first bug, that's weird. I think is related to the other one you reported, probably the day/night time variable is not set up correctly. I need to look!