PSCD 1.1.2 - new romances/cards and quick match mode

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: PSCD 1.1.1 - new romances/cards and quick match mode

Post by Franka »

I made a small experiment. First screenshot is how long it took for the AI to play all its 20 cards with AI resources set to minimum (1/1). Second screenshot is how long it took for the AI to play all its 20 cards with AI resources set to maximum (5/5). Same AI deck (Robobrains).

There's something wrong here.

Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Also, is there any reason why we always play as Diana in Quick Play, or was that just convenient?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ugh yes, that doesn't look OK :( I need to find out what's going on with the summon...
As for Diana I guess is the default character, so yeah it was just convenient :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK well the summon is simple: the AI will always summon 1 card :lol: so if has high resource can summon/play a more expensive card, but otherwise, it will still play just one.
I am going to leave as it is for two reasons:
1) after messing up a bit, I have no clue how to change this, so I should ask Anima and I think he's currently busy
2) even if I successfully change this, all the campaign battles would change (be MUCH harder). And doing this now would be suicide since they are all tested and well balanced already
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

You should probably just remove the resource sliders then, and just decide on a standard. For what it's worth, the AI doesn't even seem to play the "strongest" cards until late in the game, regardless of how I set the resources. As you can see in the two pictures, the AI saved some of the rarer units for last in both examples (even though it's drawn its entire deck before turn 20).

Also, I'm not quite sure I understand why the AI plays much more aggressively in the last missions of the story campaign, clearly SOMEthing does work SOMEwhere in the code. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'll keep the sliders, since they should still change the matches. +5 each turn = the AI could play a 5 resource value the next turn. I said that they always seem to play just one card, not the SAME card :)
The AI is definitely the weakest point of the engine, but it's coded in a way that I don't even understand what's going on, and without coder's help I can't do anything :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha nevermind!!! :lol:
The reason is that my hack to change the resources wasn't actually working. It was always using the default set in the mission! that's why you were getting the same results. I need to check how to make that work, I manually changed the values and the AI summoned 4 units the first round!!!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: PSCD 1.1.2 - new romances/cards and quick match mode

Post by jack1974 »

OK fixed it. I had to make the "Ultimate Challenge" easier, otherwise was basically impossible :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Sounds good! I knew there was something wrong...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for finding this out :)