PSCD art restyle might be done

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: PSCD art restyle might be done

Post by jack1974 »

And so, I checked again after the "novelty effect" has faded: stats from 22 June 2017 to today, compared to previous periods (Steam lets you compare the current timeframe vs the past) and it has settled down to a nice +104%. Not 300% like before (I knew that was probably due to the launch, sale, etc), but still, it sold twice compared to before the manga version was added. Clickthrough from home are 7.69% vs 0.69% of before. The "search results" it's lower but I realized that's not a good comparison since there are MUCH more games now, so the results are more and obviously the clickthrough is way lower.
Overall it was still a good move :)
Ragnus
Young scout

Post by Ragnus »

I actually prefer the old more realistic art style compared to the new one, but I still wanted to say thank you for adding the option to change it and for giving us the rest of the cards and the free battle mode.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thank you for buying the game in any case (sorry a bit late lol).
I also checked stats again and this year so far, PSCD is my 4th best selling game! So it definitely was a great move to change the art, more players checked it out, the overall review score is now at 80%. Amazing how such a decision changed things completely.
When it was out I thought was a failure and now is one of my best performing games of recent years! LOL :lol:

p.s. for Franka: YES I WANT TO MAKE A NEW CARD GAME BUT - I need to finish the RPGs too :wink:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:52 pmp.s. for Franka: YES I WANT TO MAKE A NEW CARD GAME BUT - I need to finish the RPGs too :wink:
But you can release 4 card games in the time it takes to release one RPG... :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Not if all have the same cast and story of PSCD though :mrgreen:
Maybe I should try doing one without plot or maybe without a huge plot and cast for once lol
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Still pining for Undead Lily: The Card Game. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yep I'll definitely do that for that game, since clearly the gameplay wasn't a problem for PSCD :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

checked the traffic stats and differently from what I thought, after the initial boost due to the update, the traffic was much lower than before! As expected - you get most traffic on release month, and in general exposure on Steam went down the toilet after the big "discovery update" + open the gates! flood of last Summer.
Yet, despite much lower traffic the game made +11% revenues vs the previous period. Gah, now I can't keep thinking how it could have done if I released the game with manga art from day 1... /HEADDESK :evil: