PSCD art restyle might be done

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: PSCD art restyle might be done

Post by jack1974 »

I know the developer of Defender's Quest, he did something like that last year (or maybe was 2 years ago). I'll ask him :)
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

This is so strange to see them like this, especially because I have played england exchange recently, in general they are better but some are really great now like Alex and Rigel,I can't wait to replay the game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah, as the Patreon people know, she actually did the art of this game BEFORE England Exchange. But I wanted to wait to announce it to make sure I had everything done (art-wise). The CGs were drawn by her but colored by the original colorist in a cell/soft shaded style which merges perfectly with the background. I really think the CGs are awesome (Rigel is one of the best ones :shock:).
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

I agree with everyone that characters look way better now, but I would say that the ones that especially look really great now are Diana, Lola, Mizuki and Rigel.
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

I was always a fan of the original art style. Some of the original characters were better, some of the manga characters are better. I hate that Diana Nelson, a military base commander, looks like a doe-eyed seventeen year old. I kinda do think Garciela, Charlotte, Galina and Mira are downgrades. Brother Nelson and Mizuki are big upgrades(a lot of the guys in general looks way better) and Lola is effing smoking in her manga form.

So, mixed results for me.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Katicflis wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 2:14 am I hate that Diana Nelson, a military base commander, looks like a doe-eyed seventeen year old.
Haha, and think that basically 99% of people were telling me about the old art that everyone looked over 50 :o :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
But of course I know that tastes are tastes, as I said I preferred some characters in old style too (Diana though wasn't one of them). But once you'll see the CGs, there isn't basically a single old CG that is better than the new one (in particular for big anatomy mistakes).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Ultimately, if it sells more copies, I don't really care all that much. People can get it for the shallow looks, as long as they stay for the excellent gameplay!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

One of the main reasons I did it was so that (hopefully) more people DISCOVERED it :)

I just posted on twitter 3 images, the stats of 3 games I released last year: C14, Heirs & Graces and PSCD. As you can see PSCD has the worst clickthrough ratio:
The important values are Search, Homepage and Weeklong deal. Tag is irrelevant: obviously if someone is searching for "card games" tag, should have a better click through! I want to "catch" people who don't know anything and aren't looking for my games.
For Search, PSCD has 0,6 which is the lowest OF ALL MY GAMES RELEASED ON STEAM!! Not just last year :o So that has to mean something lol
Even Heirs & Graces is better than PSCD. C14 has clearly more clickthrough because of the better (or better targeted, more popular) banner art. Those are 1 year stats, even if H&G was released a few months after both games.
OhHaiMe
Young scout

Post by OhHaiMe »

jack1974 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 7:36 am For Search, PSCD has 0,6 which is the lowest OF ALL MY GAMES RELEASED ON STEAM!! Not just last year
:shock: How can it be worse then Love & Order? I mean like the Love & Order art, but it has that that big fat thumbs down "mostly negative" rating :o
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

People (and devs) overestimate the importance of that rating. Maybe recently has more weight though. Anyway L&O search is 2.32%, tag page 2.77%, etc. So once again well above PSCD. This is of course people who see banner->click on page, not sales. But you see the problem, even one of my worst performing games on Steam (probably the worst of all) has higher banner clickthrough (and as consequence visitors to the page) than PSCD!!!! this says all :lol: