Summer In Trigue 1.1.1

A yuri-only dating sim set in the tropical island of Trigue! :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Summer In Trigue beta 0.8

Post by jack1974 »

Well as I said must be some update on your computer, since the code is the same, Hazel didn't change at all. There should be a log.txt file in the install folder if you could post here or send it by email there could be some information. You can also try pressing shift+G when the game starts and see if a menu shows up, pick DIrectX renderer.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I think I'll leave it to the other kids to find any bugs that might remain. I have thoroughly explored the story in both expected and unexpected ways, and I think that'll do - it's getting harder to remember what exactly I did in each playthrough. I believe most bugs and continuity errors were fixed.

I have 100+ screenshots of typos and bad grammar, but not really the time to write them all up right now. If you don't get any feedback on typos from others, let me know before "real" launch, and I'll try to find the time (that is, shift my priorities :lol: ).

Overall, I enjoyed the game. It didn't rub me the wrong way, like Lana and somewhat Zoe, did in VH. On the other hand, I didn't find the characters very memorable in this game, for good or bad. Like I voted elsewhere, I thought best of Grace, but, when I think about it, mostly because she was gentle and sincere, not the most standout characteristics for a visual novel character. I never really felt like I got to know Shiori or Alex, so they were mostly visually appealing.

Speaking of, good decision with the new character art, Deji turned out great work without her usual bug eyes. :P (Just my opinion, I don't find overly exaggerated eyes attractive.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, about the typos/grammer, if you want you can simply zip all those 100 screenshots and send them to me/upload somewhere and send me the link? So I can take a look.

About the characters, this game was made on purpose to appeal existing fans, be less "risky" etc. I think when you have controversial stuff, like VBH was, you either love or hate it (or only certain characters). With a more "standard appealing" story/style I think is harder to really dislike something (indeed you didn't dislike it) but on the other hand there's the risk (not saying it's happening here) to not remember much about the game once is done.
Those are just theories of course :) And doesn't relate at all if a game sells or not, which is one of my goals obviously.

About the art, yes, indeed I'm hoping to do another game with Deji's new style and the CG artist that worked on this game which is very good too :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Sure, the screenshots probably use more space than the game itself, lol. I'll email you a link.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Summer In Trigue 1.0

Post by jack1974 »

I've fixed all the typos and decided to release it as 1.0, since I believe most serious bugs should have been fixed :) Thanks for all the help as usual!
Ixionos
Young scout

Post by Ixionos »

Hello. I downloaded the 1.0 version and I am having trouble unlocking Shiori's pin-up CG. No matter what I do, it never unlocks. I ran through her romance route over and over with no luck. Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

If you check the playthrough I wrote (first post) you'll see that her pin-up shows up NOT in her route (I did it on purpose to make it more difficult to get). :wink:
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Summer In Trigue 1.1

Post by Franka »

Looking back, I think this was the best of your recent batch of visual novels. I really liked the complicated pathing, that was also a lot of fun to test (break). While the characters were not the most memorable, the art was amazing. Going through everything felt like a good length for the game, and the paths were varied enough to keep interest.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Summer In Trigue 1.1

Post by jack1974 »

Glad you liked it! When I playtested it I was happy about the results too, but of course wasn't sure about other people's tastes. On one thing I was 100% sure, that the art was amazing :)

(must be because of that that I've alredy asked Deji to work on another game with this new style :mrgreen:)