New dating sim (my first yaoi game)

A fantasy yaoi dating sim set in the world of Aravorn https://www.winterwolves.com/heirsandgraces.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

New dating sim (my first yaoi game)

Post by jack1974 »

Not sure how many fans of yaoi lurk those forums, I know for sure there are some because of Amukiki/Mesphit/Draco :mrgreen:
Anyway, SilverHyena (her nick here in forums) was one of the writers who applied for Nicole yuri. Since she was good I've decided to give her another project, a yaoi dating sim. I don't want to spoil too much about it yet, but it can be well described as "Downton Abbey in fantasy setting" :o

A short extract from the beginning:
"My body is stiff, every muscle tense in a mixture of nerves and anticipation."
"Before me looms the Sandor estate-- a vast plot of land with a mansion two stories high, meticulously detailed from the set of marble wolf statues guarding the mahogany front doors on."
Not much else to see, for now. I want to have a good amount of writing before starting producing the art assets (also I'll need to look for someone good at drawing yaoi stuff).
Mad_Scientist
Young scout

Re: New dating sim (my first yaoi game)

Post by Mad_Scientist »

Congratulations SilverHyena! :) The premise sounds very interesting.
SilverHyena
Young scout

Post by SilverHyena »

Thanks! :D I'm glad you think so! I'll do my best to make it awesome!
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

Sounds interesting! I'm not normally a yaoi fan (that is to say, I like it about the same as yuri or het romances, not moreso) but I will totally get this game when it comes out! (Then again, I get all your games so... :P )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I just read one of the final scenes (of the main plot, so unfortunately doesn't mean the story is all written! there are still all the romance scenes).
I can safely say that is one of the best scenes I've read in a while. Might be the situation, the characters involved, but is also definitely writer's merit. Once the game is out I'm sure you'll agree with me :)
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Post by ChaosMorning »

I know that there is not yet a proper thread for Heirs and Grace (will there be, or are we waiting for proper news to talk about?) but will there be any news/is there anything you can tell us about it? I have to say of the many (really, like ten or so?) games in development here for Winterwoves, this might be the one I'm looking forward to most - queer guys and this sort of setting? Yes please.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes will add a proper subforum soon. Right now I have a good amount of writing done, but not much art yet (just some sketches posted on twitter). However artist said he'd finish by February and in the past was reliable :)
I'll ask Silverhyena to do some character introduction to post in my blog like I did in the past!
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Post by ChaosMorning »

Which artist is it that's doing the work for the game?

Oh good, there's a topic I have in mind I wanna run by some of the other forum goers :3

Ahh, okay. So we'll probably get those posts sometimes in the New Year when the respective character art is ready, yeah? S'all good then :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Is a new artist, the one who did the ending CG for SOTW. He's quite good at drawing men, that's why I picked him :)
And yes I think maximum by end of February we should start to see the character introduction posts in the blog!
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Post by ChaosMorning »

Is there anywhere we can check him out? I haven't gotten Seasons of the Wolf yet