Yaoi Dating Sim Title Suggestions

A fantasy yaoi dating sim set in the world of Aravorn https://www.winterwolves.com/heirsandgraces.htm
SilverHyena
Young scout

Re: Yaoi Dating Sim Title Suggestions

Post by SilverHyena »

I do love a good fairytale rewrite and a princess and the pea game would be interesting, but there's an aspect of the plot I haven't told you guys that diverts it from that fairytale even more than it already is. That being said, Heir's Test wouldn't be a bad name. We've gotten some other title suggestions from the lemmasoft forums so I'll probably pick out some of them, run them by jack, and then maybe see about posting a poll to get our final title soon-ish. Thanks for all your help so far! :D
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

SilverHyena wrote: So far we've been thinking a title with Inheritance in it or something. Like, the Sandor Inheritance or The Sandor Estate. I dunno. It's a work in progress. :P
Hi, I'm a bit late for the party here. Anyway, the millisecond I saw the name 'Sandor' I thought of Sandor Clegane, aka The Hound, from Game of Thrones. I'd personally find such a title with a hugely popular char name like that awfully misleading. Just a char name in the VN itself--- I guess that would be a smaller issue, but in a title... This might just be a personal concern of mine, though.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah well, but is just a name... I mean if was "The Hound Estate"... :lol:
I had that association too, but just because I watched the S4 of GoT recently and we know what happened in the last episode to the Hound :wink:
I still think that "Sandor's Estate" could be fine as title, but of course I'm fine with whatever writer will choose :) Perhaps something about the heir/inheritance would be better indeed.
SilverHyena
Young scout

Post by SilverHyena »

fabulaparva wrote:
SilverHyena wrote: So far we've been thinking a title with Inheritance in it or something. Like, the Sandor Inheritance or The Sandor Estate. I dunno. It's a work in progress. :P
Hi, I'm a bit late for the party here. Anyway, the millisecond I saw the name 'Sandor' I thought of Sandor Clegane, aka The Hound, from Game of Thrones. I'd personally find such a title with a hugely popular char name like that awfully misleading. Just a char name in the VN itself--- I guess that would be a smaller issue, but in a title... This might just be a personal concern of mine, though.
I didn't think of that. Then again, I know him best as just the Hound. Anyway, I don't think it'd be a huge deal to use Sandor in the title, but Game of Thrones is very popular (because it's flippin' awesome) so you might not be alone in that assumption. You might be right in suggesting we steer clear of it. We'll see though. I guess it all comes down to which one we think sounds the best.
daikiraikimi
Woods ranger

Post by daikiraikimi »

Title... Titles are hard. :/ I'll see if I can think and come back to it.

For the skill, perhaps ancestry?
Kalonere
Young scout

Post by Kalonere »

You may consider "Lineage" or "Heraldic Studies (or Learnings)" depending on how wordy a stat name you'd like to have.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

first BW sketches of Marcel, the main character of this game :) need to pick one of them...
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Why only one? :shock:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Because are variants the artist is making, so I need to pick one :) Marcel himself will have more outfits in the game, but these are all variants of the "servant" outfit!
Reina.miyu
Young scout

Post by Reina.miyu »

I'm kinda in two minds... the outfit number 2 or number 4...
Anyhow, it'd be long before this yaoi game is done right? @@