Heirs & Graces 0.8.5 beta

A fantasy yaoi dating sim set in the world of Aravorn https://www.winterwolves.com/heirsandgraces.htm
Foelhe
Young scout

Re: Heirs & Graces 0.8.1 beta

Post by Foelhe »

I'm about halfway through the game on my typo hunt right now. I'll pick up the rest later, but here's what I've got so far.
Spoiler:
Prologue:
“First, never begin a conversation with any lords or ladies that may come to visit. Only speak with them when spoken too and be sure to give them your full attention.”
too => to

“That’s alright. It’s all pretty straight forward. There shouldn’t be any problems.”
straight forward => straightforward

Kamal 1
“Vincent sends you?”
sends => send

Kamal 2
“Even if we’re dressing it up a bit by adding flowers, I would like to keep that aspect of it in tact if I can.”
in tact => intact

Eloy 2
“Sure, he leaves me alone every once and awhile when something else comes up, but more often than not he’s tailing me like a baby duck – except he’s not cute so it’s annoying rather than endearing.”
once and awhile => once in awhile

Scene 4
“I’m supposed to be making sure they’re all still in alphabetical order, but I find my self occasionally pulling out the ones with particularly interesting titles and flipping through them before returning them to their proper places.”
my self => myself
they’re => [This is the first line of the scene, so you might want to change “they’re” to “the books are” or something like that.]

Scene 4
“I am still allowed to complain every once and awhile, aren’t I?”
once and awhile => once in awhile

Kamal 3
“If he was a real body guard he’d have been able to dodge us on his own and you wouldn’t have all those scars.”
body guard => bodyguard

Kamal 3
“I’m liking these kids less and less. How dare she call into question my imaginary body guard skills.”
body guard => bodyguard

Kamal 3
“Kamal points to one of the scars on his arm – the afore mentioned autograph.”
afore mentioned => aforementioned

Vincent 3
“A purchase like this every once and awhile won’t set me back too much.”

Kamal 4
“So I guess what I’m saying is you shouldn’t rely soley on your skills as a warrior.”
soley => solely

Kamal 4
“It might might not sound like a big deal, but it’ll improve your reaction time.”
might might => might

Kamal 4
“Making use of your enviornment can give you an advantage when you might not otherwise have one.”
enviornment => environment

Kamal 4
“It’s generally adviseable to keep your face expressionless to make it hard to read.”
adviseable => advisable

Eloy 4
“From his description I mainly get a sense of lonliness.”
lonliness => loneliness

Kamal 5
“A little to well, actually.”
to => too

Kamal 5
“I’m getting away with something that I really should have recieved some kind of punishment for by now.”
recieved => received

Vincent 5
“It’s okay to be spoiled once and awhile, you know?”
Simon might have caught some of these already, just trying to be thorough. Might be awhile before I can do the second half.
nasicae
Young scout

Post by nasicae »

So doing my first playthrough and following walkthrough and yea I got everyone to 20 then I started picking the wrong choice for everyone that was not the one I was aiming for (sorry seen your heartbreaking jealous scenes and no don't want my heart ripped out just now) but that didn't matter ....I kept getting me romancing them and finally failling for the sexy scene since i didn't have 90 points and no no no. I'm sorry I expect better storys from you . I expect that turning them down shows up I expect for my actions to change the way things happen. Honestly that is what I found in Loren and after that game I buy game after game from you for that chance again but if you are just going to make it generic were what I do doesnt matter you stuff well the storys are good enough that I will only buy on sale instead of buying everything you release at full price to support you because why should I support suck boring genric games?
nasicae
Young scout

Post by nasicae »

sorry I was ranting need to remember this is beta
nasicae
Young scout

Post by nasicae »

only ranted because this is breaking my heart they are all so awesome I am trying to ignore the other cuties who are not the one I'm doing but but scenes with them keep popping up and and I have to keep being mean with no effect >.< sorry done now
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sorry you didn't like it. You're the first one, actually, and the reasons aren't even clear to be honest. But I can't please everyone after all. The game is doing well and basically everyone likes it :)
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

Actually when I want to focus on one love interest only and don't want the dialogue of the others making me feel bad... I turn the others off. Problem solved. :) Also... after the jealousy scene the romance scenes of the turned down character don't appear anymore. So... the only complaint I could have is indeed that the jealousy scenes trigger far too late in the game. But that was already mentioned before.

Anyway... nearly done with hunting down typos. Seeing Foelhe's list I guess I wasn't able to notice all of them. But, oh well, that's what teamwork is for. xD
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

Another bunch of typos I found. Haven't had a chance to look into Kamal ending yet though, because I promised to my sister that she'll be the first one of us to get to play it. So, yeah... I have to wait. xD
Spoiler:
- Scene 8:
»Yes, you're ladyship.«
you're → your

- Borges and Vincent jealousy scene:
»What I do have a problem with is how your visits have been effecting his work.«
effecting → affecting

- Kamal and Eloy jealousy scene:
When you choose Kamal over him it is mentioned that Eloy leaves, but the sprite is still there. XD

- Borges and Eloy jealousy scene:
»I turn, to Eloy, slightly appaled
appaled → appalled
Also... I think there's a comma too many.
»Borges sighs, and then continuse in a firmer tone.«
continuse → continues

- Borges scene 9:
»I don't feel burned out yet and I want to make the most of the time you made for me as long as you're good to keep going, I am too.«
Is it just me or is there something strange about this sentence? I can't even say how to correct it. o.O

- Eloy scene 9:
»The door opens much quicker than expected, revealing a fresh-out-of-the-bath Lord Shiraaan in nothing but a towel.«
Shiraaan → Shiraan

- Sandor's death scene (Borges' path):
»He'll be stubborn about it, but I think you can out do him.«
I'm not quite sure, but I think it should be »outdo« instead of »out do.«

- Borges ending:
»The house is noticeably emptier so I have to assume that some of the servants decided it was in there best interest to leave.«
there → their
»I'm apparently required to attend a training session at least once a week until he's convinced I can fend of any potential assassins.«
fend of → fend off (this one also appears on Eloy ending)
Then there are some technical things which I noticed:

- When I was on Eloy's path, the jealousy scene with Vincent (also the one with Borges) seemed to have just replaced the Eloy 8 scene. I don't know if this was intended but it took the next scene quite out of context. So far I don't know if this just happens for Eloy or if it'll happen for the other love interests as well.

- I know the double check on reputation at the end was intended, but... May ask politely why it was put there? (Hope this sounded not rude or anything. I'm really just curious. ^^;) To me it doesn't make much sense to be honest, since between the two checks there is no way to change the stat value.

- Then there is the issue with having the relationship value of one character at 100 while reputation is <90. This leads to the ending where Marcel leaves the mansion together with Licia, followed by the specific ending of the pursued love interest. So far this has happend to me on Borges' and Eloy's paths. Don't know about the others though.

- I'm very sure I passed all skill checks in several playthroughs now, but still... no skillful achievement for me. :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

SimonStardust wrote:Actually when I want to focus on one love interest only and don't want the dialogue of the others making me feel bad... I turn the others off. Problem solved. :) Also... after the jealousy scene the romance scenes of the turned down character don't appear anymore. So... the only complaint I could have is indeed that the jealousy scenes trigger far too late in the game. But that was already mentioned before.
Yep exactly, you can just turn 3 characters "Off" in the scheduler, and do one at time. I made that thing for testing, but then I thought to leave in the game so players who want to romance one guy at time have an easier time :)
And the jealousy scenes on next update will trigger very early as promised.
The writer just sent me back the fixed texts, I'll look at the typos and then do an update later today, probably in 5-6h from now :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

SimonStardust wrote: - When I was on Eloy's path, the jealousy scene with Vincent (also the one with Borges) seemed to have just replaced the Eloy 8 scene. I don't know if this was intended but it took the next scene quite out of context. So far I don't know if this just happens for Eloy or if it'll happen for the other love interests as well.
Hmm no that shouldn't be possible! :shock: I increase the "counter" only when a scene is played, not when the jealousy ones are played. So I don't think you can skip a scene like that. It shouldn't happen!
SimonStardust wrote: - I know the double check on reputation at the end was intended, but... May ask politely why it was put there? (Hope this sounded not rude or anything. I'm really just curious. ^^;) To me it doesn't make much sense to be honest, since between the two checks there is no way to change the stat value.
Yeah, I just put a check every time the story branches because of it :lol: But indeed I could remove the very last check, since you were already informed before if you passed the Reputation one or not. Yes I might do that after all.
SimonStardust wrote: - Then there is the issue with having the relationship value of one character at 100 while reputation is <90. This leads to the ending where Marcel leaves the mansion together with Licia, followed by the specific ending of the pursued love interest. So far this has happend to me on Borges' and Eloy's paths. Don't know about the others though.
Ah lol! That is a more serious bug. The happy romance endings shouldn't trigger if your reputation is <90! I'll check it.
SimonStardust wrote: - I'm very sure I passed all skill checks in several playthroughs now, but still... no skillful achievement for me. :(
That's strange too since I set the counter at zero the first day of the scheduler. Then I increase it every successful check. I might add a cheat mode to display the value before the end, so I can see which values you get and understand what's going on!
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

jack1974 wrote:
SimonStardust wrote:- When I was on Eloy's path, the jealousy scene with Vincent (also the one with Borges) seemed to have just replaced the Eloy 8 scene. I don't know if this was intended but it took the next scene quite out of context. So far I don't know if this just happens for Eloy or if it'll happen for the other love interests as well.
Hmm no that shouldn't be possible! :shock: I increase the "counter" only when a scene is played, not when the jealousy ones are played. So I don't think you can skip a scene like that. It shouldn't happen!
Well... I'm pretty sure it happened though. :,D I will wait for the new update and then look into it again and the other issues as well. ^^