Heirs & Graces 0.8.5 beta

A fantasy yaoi dating sim set in the world of Aravorn https://www.winterwolves.com/heirsandgraces.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Heirs & Graces 0.8.4 beta

Post by jack1974 »

fabulaparva wrote: Yea, I was a bit afraid that my suggestion might break the jealousy scenes again. :P I guess there's no way to prevent the scenes playing further later based on what the values *were* at the scene 3 checkup point regardless of later changes in the percentages? The checkup point value would only reset upon hitting 'start new game'... I guess that could cause problems upon reloading saves from before scene 3, though... Might be better to leave as is... :)
Yes, I am not too eager to touch that since could lead to other problems :lol: for players who don't want to see jealousy scenes, they can just disable the romance(s) they don't want with the on/off buttons anyway :)
fabulaparva wrote: Ah, I guess I didn't explain it clearly enough. It should be 'spoken to', as you said, but it currently has 2 o's in there: 'spoken too'.
Ah OK, now makes sense! Will fix it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Writer sent me typos and jealous scenes fixes, so that they work better in the "early context" they show up (when she wrote it, she didn't know when they would trigger). She also asked to change when they trigger, now the jealousy will trigger after the 4th event.
Today I have guests, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to work, so the update might be delayed to tomorrow (it just impacts the jealousy scenes anyway, the main game is the same).
MissMemorielle
Young scout

Post by MissMemorielle »

May be a silly question, but how do you skip forward? I see the choices for keep/stop skipping after choices etc but I can't actually find the 'start skipping' button? ;u;)''
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You can use Tab key to toggle on/off, or you can press CTRL key to skip quickly (this is standard with all Ren'Py games).
MissMemorielle
Young scout

Post by MissMemorielle »

Ah, right, thank you!

Well, OK, so I'm at scene 03 with Vincent and the game has started showing this blue error screen - at first only with that particular scene but I tried going back to an earlier save and it's still popping up :u

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 499, in script call
File "game/plot/vincent.rpy", line 586, in script
File "game/screens.rpy", line 4, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 4, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 11, in execute
NameError: name 'cheat' is not defined"
there is more but idk if I should copy paste the entire error in here.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah it was the cheat I added to verify if the skillful achievement works. If you start a new game from beginning it should work fine (but I'll remove it on next update).
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Heirs & Graces 0.8.5 beta

Post by jack1974 »

New update done, though is mostly typos and some slightly different jealousy scenes :)
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

:o I'll pay triple if the cheat-codes are included!

(:p Never mind, 'tis too late, already bought it)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The cheat was only displaying a number on the screen anyway, so wasn't a "real cheat" :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

jack1974 wrote:New update done, though is mostly typos and some slightly different jealousy scenes :)
FYI, I did a quick test with version 0.8.5. Again I erased all the achievements before starting a new game. All the achievements were attainable again, all the jealousy scenes triggered slightly later now as you mentioned. Note: I didn't exactly try to break the game or anything with weird activity choices, but it looks like the game runs nicely at least following the walkthrough. :)