Heirs & Graces 0.8.5 beta

A fantasy yaoi dating sim set in the world of Aravorn https://www.winterwolves.com/heirsandgraces.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Heirs & Graces 0.8.1 beta

Post by jack1974 »

No I'm looking at the code. Unless there's voodoo magic involved, it's not possible :lol:
On each scene:

Code: Select all

if (GameWeek>int(Eloy_step*3.5) and Eloy_step<10 and TotalDays-last_scene>2):
                    $iq=int(Eloy_step*3)
                    $Eloy_step+=1;last_scene=TotalDays;_rollback=True
                    $save_name="Eloy scene %02d" % Eloy_step
                    call expression ("Eloy%02d" % Eloy_step) from _call_expression_7
                    scene black with dissolve
so, after I increase the scene number (Eloy_step+=1) the next line I call the scene itself with call expression ("Eloy%02d" % Eloy_step).
So it's impossible that the scene counter is increased, but the scene itself not played :o
One thing is if you "eliminate" the other lower interest. Then, the step is set to 99, so no more scenes will trigger with that character. But not skip one scene and then resume with the next one, which is what you say happened, right?
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

I'm going to check it out once more. Maybe I got THAT absent minded that I simply skipped through the scene without noticing it. Twice. :,D
Although I found something to be quite interesting about the save names. For some jealousy scenes there is just displayed which week out of 34 it is. While other jealousy scene saves have names like "Vincent scene 08" or "Scene 12". Maybe that could be a hint on what the problem actually is?
Either way... I'll quickly look through it once more.
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

Well... seems to be really my bad after all. I'm very sorry. :oops:
I looked through it and all scenes did trigger just fine. ^^;

Although... should it happen to me again, then it must be voodoo magic. xDDD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no need to be sorry, your feedback was awesome. It's just that for that specific bug, I was really like "WTF!? impossible!" :lol:
Even if in the past many times I questioned the presence of some voodoo magic in my code. But this time I was sure it wasn't the case :mrgreen:
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

Well, then I'm relieved. ^^
I guess skipping through the same scenes over and over made me less aware of what I was actually looking at. xD
nasicae
Young scout

Post by nasicae »

Sorry I didn't say that well I love the game I'm just mad at myself for getting to many roses as I checked out the guys before picking one(had 3 with each) and after picking one the others still kept trying to be my love interest even though I had started picking thier bad choices trying to get them to not like me so I didn't have to break their hearts. The story is very good and the characters are awesome(the reson why I felt so bad when I acidentaly set myself up to break 3 of thier hearts in one game >.<)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just uploaded version 0.8.2 which should fix all the issues reported so far. Now Marcel will get jealous early and a lot of "heart-breaking jealousy scenes" won't happen so late in the game :wink:
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Re: Heirs & Graces 0.8.2 beta

Post by fabulaparva »

Jealousy scenes are now playing multiple times. I just experienced Kamal vs Eloy the 3rd time. :P Sending you a savefile.
nasicae
Young scout

Post by nasicae »

it does the jealousy scene repeatedly now and won't let you get a good romantic ending. ....I think it was a glitch from before this patch that is showing more now. I played through 3 differnt times on the other patch making sure to only pick good anwers for the guy I was after and while I did the jobs to get all the points I needed for skill points I reloaded any time they tried give me 1pt spec and 1 pt romance with any one not the guy I was after. So they should have had 0 romance points yet it acted like I was on every ones route(giving me a fail at the 90 check point for sexy scenes on guys I should have had no points with) now with the new patch I just played a full route making sure to only get points for Kamel and it started doing jealousy scenes early and repeateldly 2-3 times a week
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha sorry, I forgot to set a parameter! Will do an update shortly!