About this game

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: About this game

Post by jack1974 »

OK the game scope changed: It was supposed to be a bit shorter, but considering we're almost at 50k and not even all the "recruitment quests" have been written... :lol: Obviously it will become bigger, probably around 150-180k words. Because of this, the writing deadline now is end of the year, so it's safe to say that this game won't be out this year, sorry :oops:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Have you ever actually made a "small" game? ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well in the beginning yes :) but recently I find myself unable to! I always start small and then... :lol:
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

jack1974 wrote:Well in the beginning yes :) but recently I find myself unable to! I always start small and then... :lol:
Makes them worth waiting for :)

Thoroughly enjoyed Seasons of the Wolf (-even- though I thought that one a -tiny- little bit smaller than I`d expected = no romance for Shea I really liked => less choice means a greater chance that happens....that said? I really liked both Althea`s romances ,especially Chalriss`s , that supertough boss was -totally- worth it).
Still play ones like Planet Stronghold, and hope to play Loren again soon as well,,,..not forgetting Nicole (fantastic writing) ...you¨ve spoiled us :)
A great game can suffer for being too short, or lacking in certain areas. Cursed Lands is perhaps the project I`m looking forward to the most ,after Nicole, which I`m -really- hoping we`ll see very soon.

Your fantasy titles have been great so far, can`t wait for my next delve into Aravorn
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

You're not some AAA from some big name IP that absolutely must be out on christmas shelves so investors can get their returns :lol:

As long as it is worth the wait, take as long as you need! (Nicole yuri fans know well how to wait!)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes true, though I need to release games to stay afloat. Anyway, the goal is to get at least one game out for this Fall/Winter!
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

jack1974 wrote:As promised the intro blog post is up: blog/2015/06/introducing-cursed-lands/

For those interested only in romances this summary will be useful:

got 30k words written of it, almost all the "recruitment quests", the initial target was 120-150k but it could become bigger :mrgreen:
I'm so pumped up for a pirate romance!, just a little question are these the finished designs for a Leena Vaeril and Jasper?, don't get me wrong they look good, but, Sylrissa, Enok and Nuala seem to have a more high end finish, so I'm just a little confused.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes they're finished but as I wrote in the blog, I copied them from existing JPGs and then "cut them out" to have transparency, so there could be some artifacts (like the outlines a bit blurred).
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

That should be it! XD I worked two years as a graphic designer, even thought that was some time ago, my eyes got accustomed to notice these things lol
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

All right, I don't want to put pressure to the writer :mrgreen:
But I just finished reading the first "loyalty mission", in which you can get back a character that you left (as said elsewhere in forums). Well, I was VERY impressed by the writing, including a great plot twist with intrigue and clever stuff. Really an awesome job and best scene of the game so far, I can't wait for people to read it :)