Cursed Lands version 1.0.13 (full content)

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
grey_duck
Young scout

Re: Cursed Lands version 1.0.1 (full content)

Post by grey_duck »

I feel like the side quest in Loren
Spoiler:
to get an Amazonian relic, in which Karen apologizes to the Lizardman and family for invading their space, etc.
pretty well acknowledges them as an intelligent race.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In that case consider that over 13 years have passed since Cursed Lands events, so things might have changed. A bit like Nagas, not ALL Lizardmen are necessarily evil, etc. Just the majority :mrgreen:
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

I equipped the emerald ring on Nuala during the first full moon. Even though the "Hide in Shadows" spell says "Area:Self", Nuala is able to cast it on others. Haven't been able to test yet if this is unique to Nuala or is tied to the item. But for now, I'll take advantage of it...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah interesting, I think attaching the skill to an item messes up with the "target:self" value. I think all other items with similar skills (not sure if there are more) would have this problem. I'll take a look why :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that was the reason, the range restrictions normally present in skills won't work when assigning a skill to an item, so I just replaced the skills (there was also Berserk in the Bloodlust Ring which had same issue). No time to dig in the code (also I think would be a bit complex to do).
I'll wait to do an update since it's not a game breaking bug :)
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

So something strange happened to me just now while playing on normal mode.

I was exploring the Tomb of Urd, then before the battle against King Nimaeus my MC was missing from the battle setup screen. I couldn't play any further because it kept saying, I need my MC for this battle. She appeared on the party and inventory screen though when I checked.

For now I just will leave the tomb alone I guess.
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well when that happens you should send me the savegame (and if you saved more than once, even previous saves before that happened). I thought I fixed that bug, but since you can access that part of the game different times during the story, maybe I forgot to fix one of those.
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Twice now I've saved in the middle of a scene, and when I resume the game, the background is gone and the sprites are not in the proper location. (Happened once in the Enok scene where he cooks the first time, and just now in Tomb of Urd.)
Spoiler:
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Enok's regenerate skill (currently novice for me) and his refresh skill (from Kraken talisman) are showing up in the battle log properly when cast, but then show up as "regeneration - heal for 25hp" after casting, and the log reflects this.
Spoiler:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Fixed the wrong regeneration values. Enok's spell was a bit too much powerful indeed!
Do you have the saves of the problem with the sprites above? It's a trivial fix but I want to be sure to put it in the right place :)