DLC?

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
Kainin
Young scout

DLC?

Post by Kainin »

Hi
I was wondering
Spoiler:
with the choice near the end of the game
whether you plan to have chapter 4(and maybe 5?:) )?
...and allow us to be little evil please:)

PS: speaking of
Spoiler:
the fun
this ending....I did not recruit Jasper and the ending had him being invited to work with the council....umm why? Bug?

umm yeah...wish Icould say that this was a great game, but I was little disappointed with it unfortunately:)
...oh well next time:)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: DLC?

Post by jack1974 »

Sorry, no DLC is currently planned for this game, also considering it's the biggest game I've ever made (over 300k words!!). I want first to finish PS2 and Loren 2, then we'll see.
Regarding Jasper ending, that's a good point, I'll tweak slightly the ending since if you don't recruit him indeed that epilogue doesn't make much sense :lol:
What you didn't like of the game: story, gameplay or something else? thanks for the feedback
Kainin
Young scout

Post by Kainin »

Oh too bad about the dlc...my dream about
Spoiler:
monster and naga
will not happen:)

About what I didn't like:
The forced reqruitments - or at least I didn't find any way out of them. Mind you I have only finished the game 2 times so there might be some way, but as far as I am aware the game stops until you have talked to
Spoiler:
Karen
...but thinking about it maybe I can just get the quests and never finish them....have to try. Ok disregard that:)
...do the hearts influence whether your companions abondon you if you make a certain choice? If no - why not?:D And if yes - shouldn't they also represent your own...hmm....''feelings'' toward the particular companion? Example is again Jasper...the first time I did the quest (and unfortunately and unexpectadly got him which was a minor WTF moment, because I was so late in the game) and when the time came and he was all butthurt (understandable)....I was too. WHich is ''why?!'':) I haven't talked with him or anything, so I was expecting ''ok that's fine. Now fuck off before I kill you'' or similar reaction from my character:)
The final (at least what I can think of now) is when you have the chance to not be an emissary of the humans - first time I was honestly expeting for
Spoiler:
Karen to come running/flying
or maybe the elves and the rest of the game to be more or less the same.
The second time...I just think that a person who is battling(and winning) vs what he/she is fighting died wayyy too easy:)
Edit: ah I forgot a point: you obviously wanted us to be a leader and not the strongest fighter (so the lack of skills), but I think this would have been the perfect opportunity for us to search/find teachers (maybe our companions...Salryssa please teach me to dual wield better:) ) or other means...but I guess you wanted items to play a major role here?

...oh btw love the breakable armor mechanic!
Last edited by Kainin on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course if
Spoiler:
you don't have enough hearts and you've been turned into a vampire, they will abandon you before the final battle :mrgreen:
I am not sure if I understand exactly what you're saying, but adapting what the player says based on the relationship level you have with each companion would have been a big thing to implement, honestly impossible (no other of my games has this, and I couldn't add such a feature to an already big game like this).

In summary there needs to be some "sacrifices". You want more love interests? each route will be shorter. You want more branching? OK but not all the stats/relationships/events will be reflected on every line of dialogue. Even if might not seem obvious, this is by far the most complex game I've made, even just considering the writing structure and the "openess" of it - in no other game you could do the quests in any order you want, or recruit only 1 character for each race, or make big decisions like kill or let live the vampire bosses, etc. there are a lot of possibilities as shows the small plot issue you found about Jasper ( with so many possible "combos" I forgot about that possibility).
Kainin
Young scout

Post by Kainin »

Yes I understand this...at least in part, but still left me disappointed. And one of the reasons I wanted to finish the game 2 times (and that may be too few) before I dare critique it:)