Progress Report

A supernatural-themed dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/lovebites.htm
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Progress Report

Post by Miakoda »

Milana Walters wrote:im glad this game allows you to romance whoever you like:P Cant wait!
That was the intent, and those interactions are a big part of the writing. Of course, we will have a solo route for someone as well.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

I've had a slightly busy weekend, but I did code what I have so far. At the moment, the word count is roughly 39,000 words (and most of that from this month). If I was to hazard a guess, that is between 20%-25% of the expected count.
Last edited by Miakoda on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Sounds good to me. But I am a patient man, so take your time and make sure you are happy with the final product.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've read it and I believe that it's already quite good as it is. This part is the main story, and I think it's going to be scary as I want it (not blood/gore, but scary).
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

If Miakoda manages to capture any of the VtMB haunted house this VN will be epic, and utter thrilling.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Pace675 wrote:If Miakoda manages to capture any of the VtMB haunted house this VN will be epic, and utter thrilling.
VtMB?
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I don't think jump scares work too well in VNs. :P
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

BobTheMob wrote:VtMB?
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. The Haunted House (actually hotel) is the most effective scary/horror sequence in a game for me.
Franka wrote:I don't think jump scares work too well in VNs. :P
Although rather doable, actually :) Just have some music that goes low, maybe slow...then ramps up as an image flashes on a darkened screen.

However, it would only be effective one, maybe two times.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

I personally don't Think of jump-scares as being such a scary thing, anyway.

To me, they're usually just something that gives a momentary shock and then said shock fades away.
What I prefer: psychological horror! :twisted: That cold feeling of dread that gets in your head and stays there; things like the works of Edgar Allan Poe. :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So far I think the game is a mix of: psychological horror, fear of the unknown, nightmares/premonitions and also crude humor (some scenes are really great IMHO). For jump-scares I reserve the right to see the final game - since doesn't depends on writer but on coder in this case (making the right visual/audio FX).