Love Bites 1.0.1

A supernatural-themed dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/lovebites.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Love Bites beta 0.7.6

Post by jack1974 »

Yes thanks I saw it, I also found out that there was another "temporary ending" like that one in the alone path (it would trigger only picking a specific option at the final confrontation) so I fixed that as well :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Well, I got through Kaitlyn + Nadia & Kaitlyn + Sabrina, both their alignments and also the "bad" endings, as well as all jealousy scenes involving those two. I don't really feel like playing any more at the moment...

I do like that each character has a different story going for them, that should add to the replayablity. The writing is pretty good, there's a lot of typos (mostly wrong words rather than spelling), but I'm used to that, and it's more work than I care to do to jot them all down.

One thing I'm less fond of is that alignment is used for almost nothing. It's great that it adds different flavor throughout the story, but the ending is just one paragraph of text, pretty disappointing. I was actually expecting a different love ending+CG for each alignment.

Also, it's cute for the flavor that we can go on all manner of dates and buy all those gifts, but gameplay wise a $10 date that gives +1 stat compared to a $100 date that gives +1 stat doesn't make a lot of sense. You might do it once to see the text, but then you'll just reload. I'd simply make all dates cost the same.

Maybe I'll return to this later, but I'm not all that interested in the male romances.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll go typo-hunting a bit myself maybe :)
As for the variants, I didn't plan any variants becase sadly Rebecca schedule is always full so she didn't have time to do more CGs, but I somewhat agree with you that maybe my experiment of "not using relationship bar" wasn't a success. I am not sure yet, maybe with proper different CG would have been better, or maybe the "good old" relationship bar is still the way to go? I will do more experiments/test in future games and see what people say :)
Lathtal
Young scout

Post by Lathtal »

I've only noticed two things, in my tinkering: Eileen's "I think they dream of death" line had the MC's name on the textbox, and the line after has "You're daughter" instead of your. This one might not be a bug, but I'll mention it just in case; demanding Rocco's thug hand over his money doesn't add anything to your cash amount afterwards - I went that option while trying for the +1000 achievement, just to see if that loophole worked.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, good catch (especially about Rocco I completely forgot to code that even if the writer mentioned it in the comments :oops:). I'll fix them.
Lathtal
Young scout

Re: Love Bites beta 0.7.7

Post by Lathtal »

Ah, cool - I was half and half whether that option might be 'cheating'... but I had no problem trying to help eat the dog. Video games have ruined my moral relativism.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Love Bites beta 0.7.7

Post by jack1974 »

Nah besides it's just $45 you get with that choice, so not a big cheat/help towards the goal anyway :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Love Bites 1.0.0

Post by jack1974 »

I just released the game officially today since after 20 days of no bug reports I think it's time :)
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

Hey there, I've not been around in a while, -but- see that I now have -two- new games to sink my teeth into (including Love Bites)

Mmh, I've only played for a few minutes, so I'm not really going to get into first impressions (or a serious review) quite yet.
But, it struck me, I have to concentrate while reading the text in the game as, dialogue and narrating mashes together a lot.
There's no difference between how the two are written. (like using " for dialogue " ,or perhaps even using italics).
This makes does make the game feel more strainful/tiresome to read, at least it's what I've noticed so far.

:) Looking forward to exploring the story more, just downloaded the demo today, -hope- to buy it later on.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the feedback :)
About the italics for narrator, I think it's how it works for my other games too: I mean usually the only difference between the narrator and when a character speaks is that the name of the speaker is displayed?