development thread

A mature dating sim with optional volleyball simulation https://www.winterwolves.com/volleyballheaven.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

development thread

Post by jack1974 »

So the cat's out of the bag: blog/2017/07/announcing-volleyball-heaven/

Even if I didn't announce this until now (and it was a good move, considering it had trouble development once again :lol:) it was in the works since 2014 or so. That's why it is "yuri only". As you know in all future games I'll try to make at least two romance combos, but even if I announced it only today, this is still "an old game" (or at least a game I started years ago).

In the next blog post we'll introduce each character as usual :)
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Re: development thread

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

Oh this is finally official now. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I could have probably waited a bit more, since with all the other things going on, I'm not sure if I'll manage to release it before end of this year. But at least won't take 3 years like... ahem... "other games" :shock:
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

I just realized, we don't get to see who the main character is yet. Or is she the one on the extreme left? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, though I noticed now that she still has the "old name". The right name is Kayla :lol:
(in the blog post I used screenshot I took a while ago with an old build)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Will this game be using the new RPG framework? Will it have isometric battle maps? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes obviously! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

writer started scripting, though as usual I'm reviewing every scene myself. In the game the fourth wall is broken but in a way similar to House Of Cards (the protagonist talking directly to the reader). I kind of like it, in some scenes it's very hilarious and works well :mrgreen:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Fourth wall breaking is fine when the story is being presented as if it was narrated to us by the protagonist, but I'm not at all fond of fourth wall breaking when it reminds us strongly that we're really just playing a game. That breaks immersion, and I don't find that very clever.

I guess we'll see, I'm obviously getting the game either way. :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I don't like it much either in general, however for example in House of cards works great (IMHO of course). In this game, while reading the story sometimes I forgot about the fourth wall breaking completely. I mean it's present, but it's not the whole focus of the story of course :)