art thread

A mature dating sim with optional volleyball simulation https://www.winterwolves.com/volleyballheaven.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: art thread

Post by jack1974 »

I am really curious too, since it's going to have much more mature themes and also writing style different from everything I've done before :) the art style of the characters is cute, there are some old CGs which are of inferior quality (but already done) and the new CG which definitely are of a superior quality!
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:11 pm I'm starting to add all the various characters and their 312080 outfits to the game now :)
jade elegant outfit... a real businesswoman! :wink: (hot businesswoman I'd say!)
rika, lana and jade again in some more casual outfits
an asian milf secondary character. As the saying goes, "sorry you can't romance her" :mrgreen:
Seeing these pics, Jack, one thought n one only comes to mind:

PLEASE have these sprites available in a non-yuri thing at some point!!! 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Those characters not since they're of this game. I could use this artist to do more games though. She draws well females, not so good the males though.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Really enjoying the development of this game!
Last edited by Sylrissa on Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Unfortunately there was some minor setback (writer had some minor problems) so the super script polishing task he's doing is going slower than expected, but on the other hand, the CG aren't all finished yet, so... :mrgreen:
Also in general after Cursed Lands and Love Bites positive experience, I think from now on I'm never going to rush a game anymore (something I did in the past) because the final result is much better :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

At the same time, you can't let development go on forever, like The Game That Shall Not Be Named. :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No worries, in this case the game could be already released as it is, and the writer is not adding 500k more words, but super polishing the writing and also making a flow chart and adding tons of comments for the scripting. I didn't ask for it but some people are nitpicking masters (and I can't complain for sure lol).
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

I was wondering, will Volleyball Heaven be out for a release this year? I know you are working on PS2, but I think you once said that dating sims are easier, and this game is closer to completion? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I believe it could be out, there are still many CG to be colored yet, so depends how long takes to the artist to color them, also the game still needs to be fully scripted.
The writer is doing a super polishing job, for example you remember the "one liners" during the dating sim part (like Roommates)? they'll be customized depending on the events happening in the game, so even if are short sentences, there will be many unique ones. All little details that take a bit of time but I think will make a better final result :)
I think a beta towards end of year could be possible though!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another close-up preview of a scene happening during Halloween. Kayla is getting ready to kiss someone...
Now I'm facing a bit of a problem though: the new CG are amazing (as you can see from the small previews I posted) but there are also some old CGs drawn and colored by the original artist. While they're not bad, they can't match this quality. So I am thinking what to do... if I should recolor even the old ones in this style. Probably...