development / art thread

A cute dating sim focused on romance/friendship
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: development / art thread

Post by Franka »

STOP STARING AT ME WITH THOSE WEIRD SAUCER EYES, YOU STRANGE ALIEN CREATURE, YOU!!!

Sorry. I know you like the art, it just hits that one look I really, really can't stand. I want to hit those eyes. With my fist. With a stick. With a needle, so I can deflate them.

Hrm. Sorry, again.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, well half of anime games have those eyes, so... :mrgreen:
Though in my games indeed aren't very common, I never thought about it.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

The weird thing about Deji eyes is that only females are terrible mutants that must be put down for the sake of mankind. I don't really have issues with the male eyes.
Callista
Young scout

Post by Callista »

lol Well, I do agree about the eyes for the females. This is a thing in regards to anime-style, though. I once read up on this and for some reason, in Japan (and maybe Asia in general), they value bigger eyes, which is what Caucasians typically have. Asian females tend to have smaller eyes, unless they have surgery done to their eyelids to make them look bigger.
Looking for a high quality editor? Then check out my page here: https://callista.itch.io/
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Callista wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:41 pm Asian females tend to have smaller eyes, unless they have surgery done to their eyelids to make them look bigger.
SIgh, and I find asian eyes so sexy... madness!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I know it's an animé style; Deji has just exaggerated it to a point where it's too much for me.

It's perfectly ok though, I'm not in the target audience for otome games anyway. I guess I'll have to check out the mutant yuri route though, since I'll get this through Patreon.
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Franka wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:24 pm The weird thing about Deji eyes is that only females are terrible mutants that must be put down for the sake of mankind. I don't really have issues with the male eyes.
If you ask me it is those creatures with small eyes and huge noses witch are terrible deformed mutated aliens that must be put down for the sake of mankind! This is exactly how a proper human should look with beautiful big eyes! And this is exactly the style witch VNs are suppose to use. So stop insulting the greatest art-style ever developed by the human kind just because you have a niche small eyes alien fetish!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I like both eye styles and I think also depends on the rest of the face/body of the character. For me the worst are those stylized bodies which makes all character look like 14-years old boys/girls. Even with big eyes, Lacey looks like a proper adult :mrgreen:
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:05 am Haha I like both eye styles and I think also depends on the rest of the face/body of the character. For me the worst are those stylized bodies which makes all character look like 14-years old boys/girls. Even with big eyes, Lacey looks like a proper adult :mrgreen:
I quite love that style as well, characters tend to look super cute in that style. Can't understand how anyone can dislike it, true I guess everyone has their taste. It's actually among my favorite art-styles.

True the only art-style I out-strait can't stand is anything witch looks too much like real life humans, it just looks so weird and wrong to me. And I can't understand how anyone who knows about anime style can like that realistic style, I mean why would you intentionally want your characters to look bad? Unless it's some very dark horror witch is suppose to look all dark and creepy.

I mean I know everyone has their tastes and all, but when it comes to anime style VS realistic style, anime style looks just billion times better. It is developed to look better then real life and has 100% succeeded in that. To me that is just a plain fact.

Humans have always true history searched for ways to look better then they naturally look, true makeup, clothing, perfumes, specifically designed exercises and tons of other ways, and anime style is a masterpiece of that goal.

Luckily a huge majority of VN fan base agrees with me on this one :P .
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

DarkWolf wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:39 am
Franka wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:24 pm The weird thing about Deji eyes is that only females are terrible mutants that must be put down for the sake of mankind. I don't really have issues with the male eyes.
If you ask me it is those creatures with small eyes and huge noses witch are terrible deformed mutated aliens that must be put down for the sake of mankind! This is exactly how a proper human should look with beautiful big eyes! And this is exactly the style witch VNs are suppose to use. So stop insulting the greatest art-style ever developed by the human kind just because you have a niche small eyes alien fetish!
No, absolutely not! You're in the wrong!

(But I'm not campaigning to have it changed)