Hazel release 1.0.4

A series of games based on the Nameless God who relives the past moments of people that just died
jack1974
Pack leader

Hazel release 1.0.4

Post by jack1974 »

Get it here: https://winter-wolves.itch.io/hazel

What's New in 1.0.4
- fixed a crash bug during Tori's route when Sasha asks: What did she say? Did you ask about the dead witches? and you pick "No, I didn't ask her (lie)"

What's New in 1.0.3
- added text to the choices, still indicating the mood. For example, "She talks too much (Joking)". This way you can have a better idea of what Hazel is going to say next
- updated the game to latest stable Ren'Py build

What's New in 1.0.2
- fixed crash when replaying "The Trip" from Gallery
- fixed missing background when replaying "The Stables" from Gallery

What's New in 1.0.1
- fixed a minor display bug as seen on twitter https://twitter.com/WinterwolvesG/statu ... 6525986821 :lol:

What's New in 1.0.0
- nothing new, just the official release version update :)

What's New in 0.8.2
- fixed a few more typos and a crashing bug in gallery screen when replaying Sasha's sweet dream scene

What's New in 0.8.1
- fixed a bunch of typos (thanks to Franka!)
- aligned the relationship bar thumb so it's better centered
- now the "hazel death" achievement should correctly trigger for ALL the scenes in which, duh, she dies and not just in one as before

This is the initial beta release (version 0.8 ). Nothing should be missing. Being a simple VN with choices I'm just looking for typos or (hopefully not) plot-hole or maybe unclear things.

I'm setting up redeem stuff for both Patreon and Kickstarter using itchio built-in system. For Patreon should be simple (anyone in the $15 tier can get the game), for KS might take me a little more time since it's the first time I do this :)

As always Steam keys will be added once the game is out there, and you'll be able to redeem them from itchio website!
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Hazel beta 0.8

Post by Franka »

Is there a way to toggle lines for typo/bug reports? I tried F1, but that displayed a help screen.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes I had to switch that to F2 for this game (since used the new Renpy GUI)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Aside from the usual eyes over hair and teleporting nose rings/swords, etc. from mirrored poses, this seems pretty polished. I will have a bunch of typos listed some time tomorrow after finishing the last couple of endings and checking some different dialogue choices.

I'm not sure I like the choice structure of not knowing what you'll actually say and thus have no way of predicting if you're going to insult someone or what, but I guess it is what it is, and we'll always have saves and rollbacks.

Other than that, I unpacked the script to check ending requirements, and was just wondering if you intended to make use of the sasha_suspect variable, because I see it changed but not used anywhere?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, though there's some room for mistakes and there are a few "explicit choices" (I mean where the text you say is displayed) that give more relationship point. Since it's relatively simple I figured out is enough to rollback in case you make a bad choice (depending what you want to accomplish).
And no the sasha_suspect is not going to be used indeed, I put it there when was writing it since wasn't sure about the final part yet, but then I thought was better to keep that "flashback reveal" to always unlock at specific point of the story for maximum effect :)
Winkie22
Young scout

Post by Winkie22 »

i just installed hazel and put censored off and sexy amour and sexy outfits on then went to put it in full screen the game crashed and whenever i try to open it again its not popping up is this a bug?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I don't think that the uncensoring is the reason, maybe some graphic driver issue? As always if you have an error message you should post it here so I can understand. But I think could be a renpy issue. This game uses fullHD resolution so if you have a very old computer that might be the reason (but I'm not sure).
What OS are you using ?
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I'm going to do typos in the most annoying way and post screenshots, ten at a time (in spoilers). Only bug(?) I came across was that Hazel's Death achievement (Unlock one of Hazel's death scenes) only unlocks in one specific path, not any of the other times she dies.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Underscore means delete.
Spoiler:
decide what to do

surprising

Text overflow

supported, sustenance

its weight

instinctively