Romance options of next TFTU game

A series of games based on the Nameless God who relives the past moments of people that just died

what should be the romance options of the next TFTU game?

male/female PC => 1 male + 1 female love interests
54%
female PC => 1 male + 1 female love interests (yuri+otome)
10%
male/female PC => 2 females love interests
8%
female PC => 2 females love interests (pure yuri game)
28%

Total votes: 39

jack1974
Pack leader

Romance options of next TFTU game

Post by jack1974 »

Hi all, the current Love BItes Kickstarter will end soon. Of course, I'll finish that game first :) And it's likely that the next KS will be for Curse Of Mantras earlier next year.
However, I already have a (hopefully cool) idea for the next Tales From The Under-Realm game! It's just a short draft for now, but it's exactly because of this that I can still do big changes to it.
Story-wise, will be slightly longer than the first but have way more branching, and different endings. It will be a dark fantasy murder mystery so you won't be able to see everything in a single playthrough.

The question is: currently I had planned it to have 1 female and 1 male love interest, and even allowing you to customize your playing character, even the gender. This meant having 1-2 CGs with the love interest seen 1st person (like Cursed Lands) and 1 CG with the couple making love, carefully using point of view/perspective to hide some parts of the main character (eyes for example) to not have to draw 23128976 variations of every single CG :lol:

However, seeing the success of the first two kickstarters+sales of yuri only games, I'm reconsidering my decision (after all, the market decides). I am making this poll but I'll also make one on Patreon and KS since there will answer people who pledged with actual money :)

The first option, the game remains as it is. The second, you can play only as female and have 1 male+1 female love interest. The third, there are two female love interest but you can still play as male or female. Last option, it's yuri-only, so while you can still create your character I'll be able to do way more CGs since I won't have to do all the male variations.

I'll leave the poll running for a while to see the results and then decide (but the KS/Patreon will be the one I'll take mostly in consideration for obvious reasons!). Thanks :)
cergyn
Young scout

Re: Romance options of next TFTU game

Post by cergyn »

I get that, but asking people that backed an yuri game I wonder what would they choose. Patreon isa not much better as content there aslo aimed at people who are interested in woman with all that monthly pin-up. I already can predict that option 3 or 4 will be more popular for that reasons.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Romance options of next TFTU game

Post by jack1974 »

You're right but the thing is that I have an all romances combo game right now on KS and is barely managing to make half of a shorter yuri only game... and even ignoring KS completely, if I consider sales on Steam/direct, I have my answer already because all the 3 yuri games I released recently did WAY better than my others. ROI is even better than PS2 lol!
I've made a plenty of games for all romances and I'll still make them from time to time, but for smaller games I'll probably stick to yuri only.

I know this is not what some people wanted to hear but this is the situation. Going to lock the thread now since I've already made my mind, but you can of course post elsewhere if you want to say something (I just don't want to waste people's time voting on a poll).