Suggestions for UBM

Boxing management simulation game
gollummen
Young scout

Suggestions for UBM

Post by gollummen »

I have played UBM for a few dayes, and it is a great game!
Simple, addictive and fun.
Even though I have a few suggestion that, in my humble oppinion, could fix a few flaws and make the game even better!

When managing:
• Negotiate the cuts on the purse: Opponents that refuse to fight you unless they get a bigger cut. Your negotiating skill could be used to figure how big a part of the purse you get (between 25%-75%?).

During bouts:
• New styles:
Clinch: When you have more strength that your opponent, but need to rest, you hold him to avoid being hit.
Outside/ring/jabbing: When you need to score point and don´t try to knock out the opponent.
Fouling: Adds ekstra damage to your punch, but you the referee might warn you, take a point from you or disqualify you if it is not the first time.
• Rename “misses” to “jabs” and “hits” to “power punches”, so that the decisions make more sense.
• Show the scoring for the final round too. For some reason the game goes right on to the decision.
• Show the three judges decisions at the end of the bout.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the feedback :)

The clinch isn't like the "Defensive" mode? using it, you try to avoid getting hit by opponent to regain strength.

The outside/ring/jabbing is a good suggestion, I could increase hit percentage, while dropping KO chances.

Fouling is quite interesting, I didn't thought about it! I'll add it in future updates for sure, as well as other suggestion like showing the last round score (my mistake) and the three judges score.
gollummen
Young scout

Post by gollummen »

Sounds great!
That would make the game even better!

Just one more thing, if you have the time :oops:
Could you reset the financial screen when you begin a new career.
I is not a big issue...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I'll do that absolutely :) thanks for letting me know!
The new update will also use DirectX, even if you won't be able to display 3d boxer, will be much more compatibile with old videcard.
Jude
Young scout

Post by Jude »

Direct X :evil: may be a problem since I believe there is no way to make it Mac compatable!

Jude
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

DirectX is an option for Windows only indeed, mac users are fine with just OpenGL, much easier :)