UBM2 Wishlist

Boxing management simulation game
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

I'm hearing you, Jack seems to be way cool!

One thing that just occurred to me is to have the skills of the older guys fade so you have to work hard just to keep them to where they are. As is they can just keep getting better.
Steve Bruce
Young scout

Post by Steve Bruce »

I think more indepth contracts with the boxers would be good aswell.

On another note, I have seen another Boxing game with the same initials UBM. Ultimate Boxing Manager. Has anyone played it?
mastro
Young scout

Post by mastro »

Yeah, I tried it but ... ehm :)

It has crashed twice only after 5 minutes of playing (the demo). Also it has much worse graphics... didn't play it for long though.
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

I originally thought I had made a mistake by buying this one before even looking at the other, but after checking out just the website I realized that I made the right choice. :D
jbrock16
Young scout

Post by jbrock16 »

I love Steve Bruce's idea of the interaction, that sounds awesome.

Maybe depending on your actions your relationship with the boxer could strengthen or weaken, and it would make it harder or easier for another manager to sign the boxer away from you. this would also go well with your idea of having other managers and their rankings, I could see a don king type trying to steal some really talented boxers off my roster, that would be fun to deal with, as lon as it doesn't happen out of the blue, you should get some kind of warning, maybe an annonomous tip or notes indicating your boxer isn't happy. Your could do it thru the pop ups like the injury notice pop ups and the annonomous donation pop ups, etc.

great idea Steve,

Also i agree with everyones post about how you run your business jack, its really great to see someone so involved with updates and fan interaction. I don't think i have ever had post not replied by you within a day, kudos to you and much thanks for letting myself and others try the beta,

Fan for Life
Don't let your bank account determine how richly you live.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

:oops: blushes

Well thanks for the kind words. Yes, I always try to reply to people's posts as soon as I can. I enjoy taking a break from work reading what people think about my games or the suggestion they have. I can say that many of the best improvements made to my games came from other people's suggestions :)

The interaction is really a great idea, I'm looking forward to implement it. Will take some while because I want to make a separate screen for it, with various dialogue options similar to the interview screen you can see in my other game "The Goalkeeper".
Steve Bruce
Young scout

Post by Steve Bruce »

Another suggestion.

Could it become possible for other managers/fighters to challange the player?

If you are a world champion, could we not have a time limit to when a compulsery defence of the title occurs.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, of course, this is another feature to add in the game, I would say one of the first ones (since now lacks a bit of realism).

Thanks
jbrock16
Young scout

Post by jbrock16 »

How about adding some realism to the amount of fights a boxer can have a year. Most of the heavy weights only fight once or twice a yr, especially if your at the top. to do this though the payouts would have to be greater to float you thru the months of recovery/training when you are not earning money from fights.

as it is now most of my boxers fight every month.
Don't let your bank account determine how richly you live.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes, of course. that's another feature I could add in not much time and would add more realism too.
Written down in my to-do list, thanks :)