Don't know if this bug is already known ...

Boxing management simulation game
Manie_de
Young scout

Don't know if this bug is already known ...

Post by Manie_de »

Hi !

I play the demo and when I look at the Fight Stats of my boxers there is sometimes not shown if the fight was won, lost or a draw, but there's only the upper line doubled where the result should be.
And this is with every boxer I have (a minimum of one missing/not visible result).

Martin
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Don't know if this bug is already known ...

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm did you download the latest version straight from my site?
Manie_de
Young scout

Post by Manie_de »

Yes !

Downloaded the demo at the beginnig/middle of last week.
It shows the version number 1.3.8
Tried it on my laptop at work and there it is the same.

Martin
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ok, going to check it then :) thanks for reporting.
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

Just buy the game. :) It's well worth it.
Manie_de
Young scout

Post by Manie_de »

BTW, I have to run UBM in DirectX mode, because if not there are graphic glitches (using Windows XP wit SP 2).

And when I quit UBM, the UBM.exe is still in the process list (taskmanager) and I have to kill it before starting UBM again.

Maybe it is my system, but all my other installed games (big commercial titles or share- and freeware) can be quitted without problem.

And before everybody thinks I'm only here to bash this game: no!

I actually like it a lot and played an older version a time ago and have to say that the refinements made in the meantime are adding greatly to the fun I have playing UBM.

Martin
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Oh well the base code for the game is quite old so could happen, however on my test machines it works fine. BTW directX is good to use if you don't have OpenGL drivers installed.
The UBM remaining on the process list is something I never experienced honestly.

Just a friendly warning: if you got the exe from a pirate site, there are good chances that could contain virus or other stuff (while obviously on my site is completely clean). Of course I'm not saying that you got it from there, but just wanted to warn you (even for other games). Several times in the past I was told about bugs in my games that in real were only bugs of the cracked version! :lol:

In any case, as soon as I have some time I'm going to check the problem you mentioned.
Manie_de
Young scout

Post by Manie_de »

Nope !

No cracked .exe, just the demo version 1.3.8
But maybe it has something to do with the other strange things (UBM.exe not closing correctly, etc.) on my system.
Every PC system is configured uniquely and so maybe my system is responsible for the erratic behaviour ?

Martin
Random1
Young scout

Post by Random1 »

It's quite possible it's your system. You definitely shouldn't be having graphic glitches with OpenGL in XP unless you don't have enough RAM or Video power... what kind of specs are you running? If you've got integrated graphics you should pick up a $30 video card at the very least, it'll be a huge boost. Also want a minimum of 512 RAM, preferably a gig or more.

I've run it on probably 4 or 5 machines (I rebuild far too often) and never had any problems. I always run pretty high-end machines though.
Manie_de
Young scout

Post by Manie_de »

AMD Athlon 64 3400 with NVidia GeForce 7800 !