UBM wishlist!

Boxing management simulation game
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

After some bugfixes on USM2, I started to look at UBM update. I'm doing the "other boxers challenge you" update. If you're #1, you must defend so you can't refuse. But what about other cases? I mean, you can refuse and get no penalty at all? or maybe your boxer loses charisma? any suggestions welcome :)
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

Yeah I would be losing charisma and therefore money if I ducked people... but here's a thought too... if your opponent has more charisma the fight would be worth more. So I suppose you could duck a low charisma/low money fighter for a big money fight and you win out. This would allow the other fighter's charisma (and skills) to play a factor in the purse. That's what they do in the pros anyway... politics. :roll:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm going to do this then: if you refuse a fight with someone that has lower charisma, you get no penalty (or low one), while if you refuse a fight with a boxer that has high charisma, you get bigger penalty.
Seems ok?
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

Fair enough...though I do think the charisma of both boxers should factor into the fight... a LOT. No one knew about Carlos Baldomir a year ago, he wasn't worth much money. A big fight later and we was high charisma if you will, suddenly worth a lot more.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What you mean exactly that should be a factor into the fight? influence the outcome? or the purse? the purse is already influenced by charisma a bit, even if is more influenced by the 2 boxers ranking :)
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

The purse... I think it should matter more, because fans aren't gonna want to come see a boxer with low charisma.

A thought that I've said before but should reiterate. If you're in the top 25 we need 8 rounders dropped. You simply cannot make a fair showing in 8 rounds, 10 should be the minimum. Top 10 fighters should always go 12 rounds.

Continuing that thought, 99 to 75 should be all 8 and 10 rounders. Young boxers who aren't high in the rankings generally aren't up for the full 12 rounds, even doing 2 and 4 rounds.

Another thought would be undercard and main event fights. Our lower fighters would be on the undercard, perhaps of one of our top fighters title fights! The main event is what draws people, obviously the top fighters make more money. You wouldn't need to really program much, just have it say that this is an undercard fight or the main event as a nice touch.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Continuing to work on the update. Now a boxer if was already down once in the round, and gets down again with very low stamina, the referee declares TKO.
Limiting now the amount of skill you can reach with training only: I was thinking to 80. I had a good idea. The "physical" skills can be trained up to 99 (strength, stamina, etc). While the 2 skills Tecnique and Charisma can't be trained, but improve only if you win matches.
Thus those 2 skills will become very important: since tecnique is the punches accuracy, and charisma determines the purse income, they'll influence much more the game in the new version :)
Ken_Goding
Young scout

Post by Ken_Goding »

I like that...although there is the thought of either a guy has power or he doesn't... some guys should randomly be unable to develop much strength. Maybe 30% are limited to the 70s range no matter what, that kind of thing?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes already added that. Every boxer has a "potential value" for every skill. Once he gets to the potential value, the skill growth will be MUCH slower. I thought about capping it, but maybe if he wins consecutive 15 fights, a little more strength/endurance etc can be given :lol:
But the growth is reduced like by 1/10.
KnockOut
Young scout

Post by KnockOut »

Okay, I've just joined a boxing club after playing this game and I've come up with some more ideas.

First, bug fixes, money is extremely buggy right now. If you quit a game with negative finances then the game wraps around to like 65535 or something but you're out of the sixth month hole. There are a lot of problems with quitting and loading and finances in general.

Second, get rid of the space bar cheat, it's too easy to find and too tempting to use.

Third, get rid of the manage boxer button. There is no strategy involved in using it at all. Just have it automatically be used every month. It does force you to check on when a contract runs out however there is already a feature that notifies you when a contract is about to expire.

Now the feature suggestions:

Boxers have training that they like and dislike. Maybe some boxers like sparring but hate jumping rope. Each boxer has a value for how much they like a different type of training. If a boxer doesn't like his training regime he'll notify you via the blue box.

"I want to spar more!"

"I don't like jumping rope!"

If you don't meet his demands his morale will go down. This is different from the stat caps as a boxer can have a lot of potential to improve in one area but still hate training in that area.