best love interest (Anne)

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm

who is the best love interest playing as Anne?

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

best love interest (Anne)

Post by jack1974 »

Thought to start some polls for the best love interest. Reading people's opinions is always interesting to me :)
Alex81
Woods ranger

Re: best love interest (Anne)

Post by Alex81 »

Not sure whether to say Isabella or Max, both are -really- good romances
Spoiler:
(still ...kind of bittersweet ending with them breaking up after college :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

If you get 600 on sum of both stats you'll get a "good ending" for both Max/Isabella with Anne :wink:
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

"Best ending if getting 600 in related stats"

OMG :o I thought I was -very- meticulous and careful in getting the important stats as high as possible (I spent quite a bit of time planning days/weeks) to avoid falling asleep during activities / not being able to afford them (and try get a decent grade) and I -barely- hit the requisite 300 (in one of the skills) in the last day of week 22.

:p guess I need spend even more time studying the weekly schedule (under great scrutiny!). Totally want to work hard for the best endings.
This game is CHALLENGING! :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha well, or you can change the difficulty setting to Easy and shouldn't be a problem to get 600 :wink:
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

jack1974 wrote:If you get 600 on sum of both stats you'll get a "good ending" for both Max/Isabella with Anne :wink:
Spoiler:
Regardless of this, I enjoyed the normal ending with both of them. I loved both characters, so I really liked the time "pursuing" them! ^_____^
Although they are wonderful, I believe I'm slight more in love with Max! :oops:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Shame there wasn't a poll for non-romanceable characters. Vegemite would probably get top honors, followed by Roxanne ;)
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

Madance wrote: Although they are wonderful, I believe I'm slight more in love with Max! :oops:
Pretty much this :mrgreen: I actually enjoyed all of them, but I think at the moment my preferences for Anne are Max > Isabella > Rakesh > Dominic.

Isabella I'm kind of conflicted over. While she is exactly what I like to see in a female love interest...I dunno, I'm still kind of wavering between being attracted to her and just having a really intense girl-crush on her. Maybe both :lol: Whereas with Max it's a more definite YES COME HERE YOU.

Rakesh is just the freaking cutest. Before I tried his route I was expecting him to be dead last, but he surprised me. His romance was actually really sweet, and I liked that Anne could help him overcome the problems in his life. Sadly though, for me his romance just didn't have the same "oomph" as Max and Isabella's. If that makes sense :?

And I actually like Dominic's route quite a bit, though it wasn't my favorite. Not gonna lie, his endings put a bit of a damper on it for me. I totally appreciate that there's variety in the different romances, it just means that a character route that could be my favorite gets bumped down significantly. So while his route wasn't quite to my tastes, I really liked him as a character and as a love interest. He's a total sweetheart when given the chance, and to me his awkwardness is pretty cute. Even if he is a bit of a buzzkill at times :|

Hmm, I haven't even tried playing as Max yet. The game as Anne is pretty promising so far, maybe I'll give it a shot :)
All hail Rei's booty.
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

While I actually liked Max when I played as him, I absolutely hated his guts as Anne.

One of my favourite parts of the game was putting him down and telling him he was a loser over the prisoner's dilemma (after choosing Roxanne) was just beautiful. Playing Anne, I disliked Dominic strongly too. He seemed to represent everything she was trying to get away from.

I was pleasantly surprised she could get a nice ending with Izzy. She struck me as a flaky floozie who would dump me when she'd tired of the chase. There were times I actually felt sorry for Chad. Yes, he was a jerk, but she boasted of being monogamous while flirting with everyone else regardless of gender.
But that said, I think Anne was sick with love for her, and Sally's point that she was 'following her around lie a puppy' was spot on.

I found a bunch of things interesting... One, the 'obvious' choices - Anne x Dominic and Max x Izzy - don't work out in the end. While both the gay relationships can have happy endings. THANK YOU!!!!

Secondly, if you go the gay route, both Anne and Max have to act against their natures in getting the stats they need. Anne was spending every night in the pub or the café, or climbing walls, neglecting her studies. And Max was studying philosophy, marking books, working in the art shop. I actually thought this was great - you could see they were changing. Anne came out of her shell, Max proved that he was something other than a stupid party boy. Really noce writing actually.
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Anne and Isabella was just WOW I think as Anne she was portrayed must more vulnerable and caring and if not romanced had a big sister vibe. The ending
Spoiler:
of them splitting up and Anne deciding that men weren't for her and she was gay and then the reunion was so sweet!!
LOVED IT!!
Max was sweet and I would say my second favorite bring the raver girl out of Anne at the end. (In the CG for AnneXMax it seems a bit off. The guy to Max's right (our left) would be Menthis but didn't look like him. Right must have been Jerry (right?) no Slim but the angle of the CG you could get away with it)
Dominic was okay I enjoyed and it turned out sweet so third.
Rakesh for Anne felt... Wrong. The story was great but something was off... Shouldn't have played this romance as Max first. I just kept thinking "NO he is for Max!!" :lol:

As for the unromancable characters.
Roxanne I liked a lots and would have liked to romance her and both.
Car Car such a cute young woman and I wanted to hug her tight Romance yes please.
Menthis. Loved him maybe not as a romance but he would do for Anne. Max, no they had too much of a brother vibe.
Slim I would have like to see the sprite for. Sounded interesting with her bear of a bf
Jerry not much is said.
Chad. Ugh love to hate!