Estimate release dates of next games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Estimate release dates of next games

Post by jack1974 »

Yes they're all for C14 :wink: that game is going to rule!
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Deji draws beautiful CGs, I hope the game does really well for you.

Well enough that I can see that GxG sequel in the future.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well after seeing this image:
DEJI AND KITTY CANNOT REFUSE TO DO A GxG VERSION AT THIS POINT. THIS TOO CUTE TO BE IGNORED! :twisted:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Well after seeing this image...
...DEJI AND KITTY CANNOT REFUSE TO DO A GxG VERSION AT THIS POINT. THIS TOO CUTE TO BE IGNORED! :twisted:
Not to overwhelm them, but I would definitely second this ^_^ (And I do hope the above picture is seen in game as well)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I'm joking/teasing (in case wasn't clear!). They know already that many people would really enjoy a GxG with that setting and I'm sure they will do it when they have time :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've updated the first post based on a suggestion I got by email :wink:
In summary yes, both PS2 and Loren2 (which could be called Loren 2 and 3 since will be two games) are delayed a lot, mainly because of writers / artists problems, but also because I am not yet sure which RPG/Combat system will use. A lot will depend on how the Planet Stronghold Colonial Defense game comes out, since I might give up Ren'Py and use a more powerful system: it still uses python so Anima can code it anyway as usual, but the speed could even let me do Final Fantasy Tactics-style battles directly on the isometric map and other advanced stuff (shaders, particles, etc).
Or, I might decide to still use Renpy and make things easier, after all people enjoyed the first Loren game mostly for the writing/story so I could continue the tradition and leave the experimenting to other games :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:I've updated the first post based on a suggestion I got by email :wink:
In summary yes, both PS2 and Loren2 (which could be called Loren 2 and 3 since will be two games) are delayed a lot, mainly because of writers / artists problems, but also because I am not yet sure which RPG/Combat system will use. A lot will depend on how the Planet Stronghold Colonial Defense game comes out, since I might give up Ren'Py and use a more powerful system: it still uses python so Anima can code it anyway as usual, but the speed could even let me do Final Fantasy Tactics-style battles directly on the isometric map and other advanced stuff (shaders, particles, etc).
Or, I might decide to still use Renpy and make things easier, after all people enjoyed the first Loren game mostly for the writing/story so I could continue the tradition and leave the experimenting to other games :)
*faints at the beautiful dream thoughts of winter wolves style characters and romance with FFT combat* I don't actually expect it to happen, but a girl can dream of such a perfect match :p :oops:
Matenshi
Young scout

Post by Matenshi »

Oh my god, I love Final Fantasy Tactics. A game like that would be amazing. :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes it was one of my fav games when was younger. Also having a visual representation of the battlefield gives a whole new dimension and possibilities (true backstab attacks, area of damage effects, range of bow attacks, etc). Of course it's not easy to do at all, but one day I hope to make such a game :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

All right.. I've realized that I CAN'T keep this up to date :lol: I'm removing it from being a sticky post. To know what's going on is enough to read my blog: usually when a game is towards the end I'll make sure people know (like I did for SOTW/Roommates this year). Considering that now all games need at least 1 month of beta-testing, you can think that when I start a beta testing of a game, it means it should be out soon (unless is a RPG which can take up to 5 month of testing... ugh :oops:)