Life is strange

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
canyonaz
Young scout

Re: Life is strange

Post by canyonaz »

jack1974 wrote:A bit more YURI wouldn't have hurt though :wink: Anyway, the time-travel stuff is quite interesting. I'd like to do such a game too someday !

/jack adds time traveling/paradox game to the to-do lists
Would buy! 8)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Would buy that in a heartbeat
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Sign me up, lol.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yeah but they require super-planning in advance to avoid plot-hole or time paradox and such. But I like the setting a lot for sure :)
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Agree with you Jack, I have rarely seen time travel done properly. Always full of plot holes when I see them.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Haha yeah but they require super-planning in advance to avoid plot-hole or time paradox and such. But I like the setting a lot for sure :)
And scrolling back with the middle mouse button for RenPy can be an instant replay effect ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

pahldus wrote:Agree with you Jack, I have rarely seen time travel done properly. Always full of plot holes when I see them.
Mine wouldn't have them ! :mrgreen:
I think I could do it - Bionic Heart was full of branching and AFAIK had no plotholes. I think the trick with time travel is to not abuse it too much. Life is strange started well, but then... I agree the final episode sort of made all previous ones pointless, reducing everything to ONE CHOICE :)
SilverHyena
Young scout

Post by SilverHyena »

I may or may not have based all my decisions on getting back to the timeline where Warren and Max had plans to "go ape." :?
Spoiler:
To that end, Chloe and William had to go. Sorry guys.
But yeah, I enjoyed the game a lot. I didn't really have a problem with it coming down to the two choices. I didn't feel like that lessened the other choices I made. I assume the plant in my dorm is still alive so all is right with the world. :wink: