C14 Dating 0.9.6 beta !

An otome dating sim in the archeology world! https://www.winterwolves.com/c14dating.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: C14 Dating 0.9.3 beta !

Post by jack1974 »

Asked the writer, and no she said should be good French! :) so if you find errors like the one above please let me know. Unfortunately the lines are scattered through the story and I don't really know where to look, so I can't send you all the french lines. But if you find more mistakes let me know ! thanks
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

I finished my third playthrough and all of Deandre's images were successfully unlocked in the gallery :)

Some more possible typos:
Spoiler:
  • "then hastily turned off the volume as not to disturb the other two" -> "then hastily turned off the volume so as not to disturb the other two"
  • "and he quickly withdrew as I took in a deep inhale" -> "and he quickly withdrew as I took in a deep breath" (I think "inhale" is only a verb?)
  • "my parents like to joke they'll convert my bedroom onto a jacuzzi room" -> "my parents like to joke they'll convert my bedroom into a jacuzzi room"
  • "I tentative stepped away while Deandre leaned over" -> "I tentatively stepped away while Deandre leaned over"
  • "I guess that's the perk of being surrounded by forest." -> "I guess that's the perk of being surrounded by a forest."
  • "I've always loved dance, but I feel like you" -> "I've always loved dancing, but I feel like you"
  • "I was now going in the complete opposite direction, the ball sandwiched us." -> "I was now going in the complete opposite direction, the ball sandwiched between us."
  • "I'm learning English good, just teaching it is a different matter." -> "I'm learning English well, just teaching it is a different matter."
  • "I finally got my rugby career taking off here, and been away from my family long enough." -> "I finally got my rugby career taking off here, and have been away from my family long enough."
  • "Don't act like you're not guilty, it takes two, you know." -> "Don't act like you're not guilty. It takes two, you know." (maybe?)
  • "I'm not really good at this long-distance thing. But the more I thought about leaving as it is, the less it settled with me." -> "I'm not really good at this long-distance thing. But the more I thought about leaving it as is, the less it settled with me."
  • "He seemed taken back as well, in an impressed way." -> "He seemed taken aback as well, in an impressed way."
  • "He had parked at a '5 minute drop off' stalls" "He had parked at a '5 minute drop off' stall" or "He had parked at the '5 minute drop off' stalls"
  • "and good luck with your rugby now that you're done school" -> "and good luck with your rugby now that you're done with school"
  • "I.. sorta been saving up." -> "I... sorta been saving up." (it also feels like there should be a "have" or "I've" in there, but not sure with the ellipsis)
  • "I'm not asking you for to remain here for long" -> "I'm not asking you to remain here for long"
  • "Corentin, Febe, Clara, mom, dad... you got along with everyone." -> "Corentin, Febe, Clara, Mom, Dad... you got along with everyone." (in this case it "mom" and "dad" are replacing their names, so it should start with a capital letter?)
  • Deandre asks "Will you know your grades by then?" and Melissa answers with "My grade will be posted before the session starts." (both paths). Maybe "My grade will be posted before the semester starts."?
Other (background):
Spoiler:
The screen where Chantal says "Pasta again? What's with all of the high-calorie stuff anyway?", this has the night version of the background (the tent, tables and chairs where they eat). You can choose to find Deandre or Henkdrik after that. If you choose Deandre you will find him outside (the line starts with "I jogged along the path to the cave"), but this is a day scene. (Choosing Hendrik takes you to the lab, so it isn't an issue.)
Oniyuri wrote:After solving the "Hafting" excavation mini-game (for me it was on Week 8 Monday), the cave was shown with an empty dialog box (as if a scene would happen) and then it immediately went back to the schedule. Normally you would go directly from the mini-game to the schedule.
This time as well after the "Stone tool aka silex" excavation puzzle during Week 8, the cave background with an empty dialog window was shown before immediately returning to the schedule (it only happened on Deandre's romance path and not the regular one). I'm assuming it's the same one which I mentioned above (this was during Hendrik's route, but not with Kyler, so it may be a scene with Kyler?).
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

Katicflis wrote:I was actually conscious of how perfect everyone's English was even though it was their second language, but I've never been to Europe so maybe they do very well with it.
I think whether somebody would be good at a second language or not would depend on the person and how often they used it. Just judging from my own experience, and I even know people who have trouble with their first language, simply because they've been living (for years) in countries where it is not spoken. But I also can't comment about the usage of English in Europe...
jack1974 wrote:I will ask the writer. If there were more hints, would be more reasonable ? or maybe is the grid size that is too big?
Don't know if this was specific to the "Trowel" puzzle, but it seems to be a combination of the grid size and the picture itself. There were 2 other 15x15 puzzles and they could be solved ok. I think the problem is more a case of there being consecutive rows with "too little information", e.g. if you have multiple rows next to one another on a 15x15 grid (or even 10x10 grid) that are indicated with "1,1", "2,1", "1,1,1" and so on, there are just too many combinations that could work.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the typos, will fix those. You need to do one last playthrough I assume? Because if so I'll wait for your last "report" before doing an update :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah regarding the french I found all the lines in which they speak it. I am not including Melissa, since she doesn't know French well, so it's normal that she does mistakes. But Chantal/Joanne/etc they should talk it well! the words/sentences between {i} {/i} are the ones in French. Thanks :)

"Um, Joan... {i}As-tu besoin d'aide{/i}?"
"{i}Embouchure{/i}, close... low..."
"{i}Oui? Comment puis-je t'aider?{/i}"
"{i}La flûte!{/i}"
"{i}Quoi! Tout le monde! Elle parle français! Pourriez-vous rèpèter{/i}?"
"{i}Rèpèter! {/i}Repeat!"
"{i}Te sens-tu malade?{/i} Uh, sick?"
"{i}Bouge de là! Melissa est malade!{/i}"
"{i}Calmez-vous.{/i}"
"Kyler! Deandre! {i}Melissa a l'hypoglycémie! Elle a besoin de quelque chose de sucré!{/i}"
"{i}Diabétique?{/i}"
"{i}J'ai triché un peu.{/i}"
"{i}Qu'est-ce que c'est?{/i} What!?"
"{i}Quoi!? Ma mère est à l'hôpital!?{/i}"
"{i}Tu as triché.{/i}"
"{i}Je t'en prie!{/i} Welcome."
"{i}Elle a l'air mignon.{/i}"
"{i}Joan, je vais faire la peinture de l'ongle. Vous pouvez faire les préparations alimentaires.{/i}"
"Um... here!{i} Où dois-je le mettre?{/i}"
"How's your French? {i}Est votre amélioration français?{/i}"
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

jack1974 wrote:Thanks for the typos, will fix those. You need to do one last playthrough I assume? Because if so I'll wait for your last "report" before doing an update :)
Pretty much, I finished my fourth and last "major" playthrough. I'll probably still try another playthrough or so to get all the CG images in the gallery (Joan and Other) after this though :) With the fourth playthrough I got all of Shoji's images.

Possible typos:
Spoiler:
  • Computer chat between Shoji and Melissa: "I was referring to the scary sounds here. I swear there's ghosts." -> "I was referring to the scary sounds here. I swear there're ghosts."
  • "That little talk seemed to have cheered up him immensely." -> "That little talk seemed to have cheered him up immensely."
  • "It was extremely difficult, but she was grateful. It was worth the effort. She even made sure to back up her pictures from now on." -> "It was extremely difficult, but she was grateful. It was worth the effort. She even made sure to back up her pictures from then on." (to indicate it happened in the past?)
  • "Oh ho, look who is so mature and outgrown their video games." -> "Oh ho, look who is so mature and have outgrown their video games."
  • "I input my first attack but Shoji didn't seem to engaged in the battle." -> "I input my first attack but Shoji didn't seem too engaged in the battle." or maybe "I input my first attack but Shoji didn't seem to engage in the battle."
  • "and any attention would too much for him" -> "and any attention would be too much for him"
Lab entry typo:
Spoiler:
Eemian interglacial period: "Lasted between 130 000 and 115 000ish years ago." -> "Lasted between 130 000 and 115 000 years ago." (might be intended though)
I also encountered the journal entry bug again on the fourth playthrough (I double-checked and I was playing version 0.9.3). However this was the first time I decided to skip the mini-games, so I don't know if it had something to do with that.
Spoiler:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, I will do an update later then with your fixes. About the journal bug oops could be the reason, probably I reset that variable in the minigames initialization... while I should do it in another place :) thanks
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: C14 Dating 0.9.4 beta !

Post by jack1974 »

Just updated the game to 0.9.4. If nothing else comes up this might also be the final version :) thanks again for all the help with testing!
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

All of Joan's images were successfully unlocked in the gallery. I only have the first two images in the extra gallery still missing.

Some typos:
Spoiler:
  • "A lot people don't like seeing blood." -> "A lot of people don't like seeing blood."
  • "I yawned, and sat up on flimsy, little mattress." -> "I yawned, and sat up on the flimsy, little mattress."
  • "The few first bites were chewy before my teeth sunk into the tender insides" -> "The first few bites were chewy before my teeth sunk into the tender insides" (with Joan alone and with Chantal and Joan)
  • "I guess it'll depend on what period we'll like to focus on." -> "I guess it'll depend on what period we'd like to focus on." (maybe?)
  • "attempting to follow the conversation best she could" -> "attempting to follow the conversation the best she could"
  • "guess I've been too cautious since I've came here" -> "guess I've been too cautious since coming here" or "guess I've been too cautious since I came here"
  • "The whole room was now bathed in blue light from Rosemarie's desktop on the screen." -> "The whole room was now bathed in blue light from Rosemarie's desktop screen." (this one could very well be intended as it had to do with the presentation, but it read somewhat awkwardly for me)
  • "I honestly don't do well in these kinds of situations..." -> "I honestly don't do well in those kinds of situations..." (since the situation already happened)
  • "I eagerly scooted down, and sat beside me." -> "I eagerly scooted down, and he sat beside me."
  • "Deandre and I shared a groan. Kyler simply rolled his eyes, being subject to Hendrik's humor longer than we had." -> "Deandre and I shared a groan. Kyler simply rolled his eyes, having been subjected to Hendrik's humor longer than we had."
  • "There's no bears in Belgium, right..?" -> "There're no bears in Belgium, right...?"
  • "There's no lions or bears here today." -> "There're no lions or bears here today."
  • "I was hoping you'd stop at least once" -> "I was hoping you'd stop by at least once"
I only noticed this while playing Joan's route (and even then, only much later), so I don't think it is all that important or all that noticeable (especially for the effort to change/fix it), but with regards to Joan's necklace:
Spoiler:
Parts of it are missing as can be seen from this screenshot (this is also the case when she wears other clothes):

and it may be because of this pose:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the typos, regarding the necklace I'm going to check, maybe it's an easy fix :)