future "other games" :D

Other older games including sports simulation, wargames, strategy
BobTheMob
Druid

Re: future "other games" :D

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Mostly because is being written by Forsaken who wrote both Queen Of Thieves and Amber all this year, after other writers failed to finish for YEARS... so I think at least the writing should be covered :)
However if I said that this would be next after Amber, I was mistaken, since will feature a sim gameplay and I have no clue how long that will take since it's something new for me!
About the Dingirra game: A lot of things I wanted to know about, maybe they could be explained in that? :)

Ex.: The 4 Families, and how they came to be at war.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There's a nice backstory written by SOTW original writer (not Forsaken) explaining exactly that, the origins of the four families. I cannot say more since it's a big spoiler for the upcoming game though! :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

I thought that a SOTW writer is the one writing Dingirra game, was there a change of plans or did I misunderstood something?

Also do you mind saying who the SOTW writer is?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Originally yes then we changed plans (was my decision though). Reason:private. We're still in good relationship, and if he wants to write another game for me, he's welcome :)
SOTW writer is using the nick "Taleweaver".
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

That's a shame I really looked forward to reading more from him since I loved SOTW writing and story so much, I hope he decides to come back to writing more games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes it's definitely possible (if he's available) that he'll write more stories for me :)
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

I actually enjoyed the SOTW storyline.

I'm also looking forward to seeing more of the Thieves of Dingirra game too. Has a great deal of Arabian Nights, Persian, and Middle Eastern influences in it, namely the genies. I'm guessing we'll meet Djinns (air genies), Efreet (fire genies; Efreeti is singular), um...Well, I'm going by my Pathfinder references on this part: Marids (water genies), and Shaitains (earth genies) in the games. There are also the Janni (singular: Jann), who are genies made up of all four elements. The Efreet are known in many RPGs (especially D&D and Pathfinder) to be often evil and power hungry. So seeing what they look like in your games will be neat and interesting.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha actually, while the setting could allow such encounters, I don't think you'll see any of those. Once I make the official announcement including the kind of gameplay you'll understand :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Once I make the official announcement including the kind of gameplay you'll understand :)
Which will be when? :) (NOT MEANT AS A RUSH THING; simply Curious)

SOTW has been my fave of both your RPGs and games taking place is Aravorn thus far and second only to Roommates (b/c of the comedy; DYIN to see more like that!!!!! :mrgreen: ) overall, and so I'm on the edge o' my seat waitin to hear more about this Jack!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

...I realize that sounds like a rush-type thing, but I swear such was NOT my intention. :oops:
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Patience, a virtue is my young padowan ~ Yoda Jack!