PSCD 1.1.4 beta - aka "The Hot Manga Update"

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

PSCD 1.1.4 beta - aka "The Hot Manga Update"

Post by jack1974 »

You can download it from here:
http://www.macgames.biz/games/PSCD-1.1.4-all.zip

For those who own the game on Steam, I have put this version in the "beta branch" :)

this adds nothing new to gameplay/story, but allows you to play the game using manga art. OF COURSE, the manga art is for the characters only! and not the cards or even many enemies (except Shiler). Redoing all the enemies was too much and beside this clearly was made with the romances in mind... :wink:
The only thing missing is that Miakoda needs to check a few lines of texts I added in Alex/Mira and Alex/Samuel romances in the manga version of the CGs.
Remember that the new manga CG in suggestive mode have full nudity! So if you don't want to see such contents, go in options and turn the "Suggestive Content" option off!!

What's New in 1.1.4
- in the options screen now you can toggle the art from realistic to manga. The change is instant, once you exit the options you'll see the selected art style (it's kind of cool lol)

That's it, let me know if you encounter any bugs of course :)
eagle 917
Young scout

Re: PSCD 1.1.4 beta - aka "The Hot Manga Update"

Post by eagle 917 »

So I am one of the people who didn't buy the game because of the art style Charlotte's smile haunted my dreams. But now I have picked it up and am loving it! The new art looks amazing!! Galina H :shock: :P Holy Zoinks! I am partially though in VN mode. No bugs yet, mostly just wanted to thank you for updating the art style. Certainly won me over!!!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, I don't expect to have any bugs (since the game is the same as before) but maybe some missing images or wrong romance scene (but I've already tested it all myself once).
MegaDissu
Young scout

Post by MegaDissu »

How do I get to the 'beta branch'? I've been playing the game for hours, and the manga option isn't in any menu, nor is this 'beta branch' anywhere in the game so far. Is it a story choice? A download I need special access to obtain? Do I enter a secret cheat code? Do I need to have beaten the game once already in order to unlock it? I've tried looking online for help but haven't found any explanations.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

MegaDissu wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:04 am How do I get to the 'beta branch'? I've been playing the game for hours, and the manga option isn't in any menu, nor is this 'beta branch' anywhere in the game so far. Is it a story choice? A download I need special access to obtain? Do I enter a secret cheat code? Do I need to have beaten the game once already in order to unlock it? I've tried looking online for help but haven't found any explanations.
To get the Beta Branch on Steam takes a little work. No secret code needed, nor does it need to be beaten.

Right click on the title of your account and choose the one called Properties. This will bring up another window with 5 tabs at the top of it. Click the on the Beta tab.

Below that you will see a line that says "Select the beta you would like to opt into" . Currently it is set on None...so choose "Beta" and it should download the additional content.
MegaDissu
Young scout

Post by MegaDissu »

Thank you so much! I really had no idea where to look.
Ayacast
Young scout

Post by Ayacast »

Hello there, I recently bought the game on Steam and enabled the beta version.
I found one bug when I attempt to play the realistic version:

While running game code:
File "game/gameflow.rpy", line 144, in script call
File "game/plot/talk.rpy", line 1077, in script
NameError: name 'mizukr_casual' is not defined

Sprite name problem I guess? ^^
Anyway thank you for another great game =D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes, a typo in the variable (should be mizuki, not mizukr!). I have updated the Steam beta branch already, for the one on my site I'll just wait and update the regular installers :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No longer in beta, updated the download links on the official page: http://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
ValyaS
Young scout

Post by ValyaS »

Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but I'm just trying out demo for this game and I can't find option to toggle "realistic" art anywhere. Is it still available?