Planet Stronghold 2 beta begins!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 beta begins!

Post by jack1974 »

Strange do you have a save where that happens? I just tried but that scene triggers only once :)
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

I think I overwrote it tonight :(
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK nevermind then. Maybe someone else will find it :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Those quests worked fine for me.

There's a lot more content in chapter 2, huh? Even though I cleared everything on the second day (had to pass a day to reset my attribute points again), I've had things to do, with camp talks and new quests, so much better pacing than chapter 1.

Anyway, I can't think of new ways to break the game right now, so I settled for 25 Constitution, some Mind, and the rest in Dexterity. Not exactly challenging fights, but not as OP as it was before either.

One problem I'm seeing is that I have no chance of keeping up with equipment. I am constantly broke/out of metal scraps. I can't even keep my 4 main characters equipped to their level (also because you level SUPER fast in chapter 2), and all the peeps I never use are stuck with level 5 or less equips. There's always a flashing WARNING in the base that my gear is low level, but I have no way of outfitting everyone.

This means that when I am forced to use my non-mains for story fights, they're absolutely hopeless. I was barely able to get past the fight where I had to split into groups of 2s (I actually had to restart it because I only had non-mains left for the final fight, and it was impossible). I know you reduced money for some reason, but I really, really need it if I'm supposed to be equipped with more than 2-3 pieces of gear at my level.
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

Hm I did not have problems with that. I realized soon in Act 1 that you need to rotate your mates often to have everyone ready. I am more struggling with area damage though. It is shredding the teams independently of the set-up. Area Damage and Quick Hands feels a bit OP in Act 2 at the moment.
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I don't see the point of morale at the moment other than annoying the player with random debuffs. I felt the points in Will is wasted when other stats that help in enduring damage and/or kill enemies faster. It's already a slippery-slope situation when your character is taking a lot of damage due to deteriorating defense. Also, I think the Defend command could repair defense in small amounts, while Repair Armor could add a little more on top of it.

Kind of a nitpick here, but Burst and Fully Automatic Shot should be reversed. Burst fire is when a weapon is set to fire certain number of bullets once the trigger is pulled. Full auto implies that the weapon will continue to fire as long as the trigger is held down.

I think that exp should be shared with the entire party rather tied to individual characters. It's easy for characters to fall behind in exp when enemy encounters are finite. In situations where you are forced to use specific characters, the ones you don't normally use, can become dead weight.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:27 pm There's a lot more content in chapter 2, huh? Even though I cleared everything on the second day (had to pass a day to reset my attribute points again), I've had things to do, with camp talks and new quests, so much better pacing than chapter 1.
Actually I think it's more or less the same, but with shorter deadlines at least in the beginning so you can't stray too much :)
Franka wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:27 pm One problem I'm seeing is that I have no chance of keeping up with equipment. I am constantly broke/out of metal scraps. I can't even keep my 4 main characters equipped to their level (also because you level SUPER fast in chapter 2), and all the peeps I never use are stuck with level 5 or less equips. There's always a flashing WARNING in the base that my gear is low level, but I have no way of outfitting everyone.

This means that when I am forced to use my non-mains for story fights, they're absolutely hopeless. I was barely able to get past the fight where I had to split into groups of 2s (I actually had to restart it because I only had non-mains left for the final fight, and it was impossible). I know you reduced money for some reason, but I really, really need it if I'm supposed to be equipped with more than 2-3 pieces of gear at my level.
OK, another user said the same thing so I'm going to put back the money as was before. One thing is that as the game goes on you don't necessarily need equipment of same level. For example in my playthrough I had level 9 characters with level 5-6 weapons and was fine. Might be because you're playing with Pistols only? That could be an issue because of low base damage. But Heavy weapons or Sniper Rifle are effective even if they're 2-3 levels below your character.
As usual if you have saves will be good. But I need to understand if you're struggling because you're obsessing in using Pistols only in your team :mrgreen:
DunKalar wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:39 pm Hm I did not have problems with that. I realized soon in Act 1 that you need to rotate your mates often to have everyone ready. I am more struggling with area damage though. It is shredding the teams independently of the set-up. Area Damage and Quick Hands feels a bit OP in Act 2 at the moment.
I'm going to reduce AOE attacks by enemies in next update, not remove completely though. But depending on enemy, it might be worse since some have very powerful attacks hitting a single player so I'm not sure :)
Jaeger wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:58 am I don't see the point of morale at the moment other than annoying the player with random debuffs. I felt the points in Will is wasted when it could have stats that help in enduring damage and/or kill enemies faster. It's already a slippery-slope situation when your character is taking a lot of damage due to deteriorating defense. Also, I think the Defend command could repair defense in small amounts, while Repair Armor could add a little more on top of it.
Well there are already stats that help reducing damage (Evasion) or kill enemy faster (Accuracy). It's a bit like XCOM. As for Defend yes I can allow 1 defense regain for everyone and add Repair Armor value to it, that should change things a lot already.
Jaeger wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:58 am Kind of a nitpick here, but Burst and Fully Automatic Shot should be reversed. Burst fire is when a weapon is set to fire certain number of bullets once the trigger is pulled. Full auto implies that the weapon will continue to fire as long as the trigger is held down.
Ah OK didn't know, will see if I can change just the description then :)
Jaeger wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:58 am I think that exp should be shared with the entire party rather tied to individual characters. It's easy for characters to fall behind in exp when enemy encounters are finite. In situations where you are forced to use specific characters, the ones you don't normally use, can become dead weight.
The quests XP is always shared, and it's the biggest source of XP. That said if you NEVER use a character especially in the beginning, yes it can happen. I'm not sure how to fix and if to fix this, I'd like to hear more opinions. While playing I was rotating them anyway to avoid returning to the base too soon because I didn't have enough HP to keep fighting :mrgreen:
Also remember that Cursed Lands XP bonus for lower level character is still enabled. So if you bring a much lower level character into a battle and you win it, that character will get a big XP bonus compared to others.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just updated the game, I think with this change the less-used characters shouldn't be an issue anymore. I did a few test fights and if you bring a low-level character in your team he/she will get a good XP bonus. With just 2-3 random encounters I was able to level up a level 6 character to level 8 using a team with max level 10 :)
(the boost is due to the fact that now doesn't calculate the team average anymore)

With this change I think this problem is solved for good. Unless you NEVER use a character in 50 fights, then obviously won't work :mrgreen:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:13 am OK, another user said the same thing so I'm going to put back the money as was before. One thing is that as the game goes on you don't necessarily need equipment of same level. For example in my playthrough I had level 9 characters with level 5-6 weapons and was fine. Might be because you're playing with Pistols only? That could be an issue because of low base damage. But Heavy weapons or Sniper Rifle are effective even if they're 2-3 levels below your character.
As usual if you have saves will be good. But I need to understand if you're struggling because you're obsessing in using Pistols only in your team :mrgreen:
The "problem" is that I am only able to level 2-3 guns to my current level, and one armor. That seems like very few items, considering my entire team of 10(?) people has 1-2 weapons, 1 armor and 1 helmet. I quickly learned to just level the 1 pistol and leave the off hand pistol at a lower level. As a consequence I have 2 characters dealing decent damage and 2 that just snipe and hope for crits.

In any case, the numbers above indicate that you will always be behind the curve, but let's see if I catch up a little better once I manage to finish chapter 2 (no time right now).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah that definitely is not my experience, in my playthrough I was able to level up a full team with almost up-to-level equipment (legendary/epic/rare) and the others with items of their level, everyone had a rare weapon of about their level or max 2-3 levels below it. You aren't only upgrading existing items, right? you should be getting a lot of random drops of around your level. Even a quality armor 10 is better than epic level 5 :)