General Romance question

Games with combat, inventory, crafting and more beside a story and dating/life sim gameplay
j20019
Young scout

General Romance question

Post by j20019 »

Finished Loren the other day (I also have finished PS and GH as well. Very well done), and a thought occured to me during the Yuri romances.

Remember Jade Empire (One of Bioware's best IMO)? In it, the Yuri path had a unique spin to it: As usual, the PC was the initiator, but the love interest was straight (or rather, she never was interested in women before meeting the protag).

It was (to me) wicked hot, as my female character seduced a straight woman (and a normally dominant straight woman at that). It was sad that Bioware never went down this path again. I was hoping for Ashley in Mass Effect 3, but the door was slammed shut on that one :p

My question: Will future Winter Wolves games have a romance path like this (the option to have a female protag attempt to seduce a straight woman)? And f not, would you consider it?

And again, you folks are doing an awsome job so far. ^_^
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: General Romance question

Post by jack1974 »

j20019 wrote:Finished Loren the other day (I also have finished PS and GH as well. Very well done), and a thought occured to me during the Yuri romances.
What is GH? :)
j20019 wrote: My question: Will future Winter Wolves games have a romance path like this (the option to have a female protag attempt to seduce a straight woman)? And f not, would you consider it?

Hmm I never thought about that, but it's indeed interesting! I could have something like that already in Planet Stronghold sequel, perhaps in an expansion since there are already a lot of romances planned for the main game :mrgreen:
j20019
Young scout

Post by j20019 »

GH=Gifted Hearts. Took me by surprise, that one.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Do you mean Spirited Heart? I didn't make a game called Gifted Hearts. Yet, is a cool name :lol:
j20019
Young scout

Post by j20019 »

jack1974 wrote:Do you mean Spirited Heart? I didn't make a game called Gifted Hearts. Yet, is a cool name :lol:
...PATENT PENDING! :?

Yeah, Spirited Hearts. Would've been better with CG's, but it was great all the same.

Now that I think on it... what wouldn't be better with CG's?

Take out the Trash? CG! Home from work? CG! Eat Dinner? CG! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, the problem with that game is that was an update to an old game (2009) so I didn't have the original artist available anymore. In the sequel hopefully I can have max two artists (have all the sprites already but missing the CGs).
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

j20019 wrote:Finished Loren the other day (I also have finished PS and GH as well. Very well done), and a thought occured to me during the Yuri romances.

Remember Jade Empire (One of Bioware's best IMO)? In it, the Yuri path had a unique spin to it: As usual, the PC was the initiator, but the love interest was straight (or rather, she never was interested in women before meeting the protag).

It was (to me) wicked hot, as my female character seduced a straight woman (and a normally dominant straight woman at that). It was sad that Bioware never went down this path again. I was hoping for Ashley in Mass Effect 3, but the door was slammed shut on that one :p

My question: Will future Winter Wolves games have a romance path like this (the option to have a female protag attempt to seduce a straight woman)? And f not, would you consider it?

Same here and on KOTOR Juhani was interested in the female character more so than the the male, a pleasant surprise and I didn't mind, tho it was kinda sprung on you near the last part and that was sorta the only time she mentions the interest in you, been awhile since I played.

I did the exact same thing on ME and waited for ME 3, cuz ME 2 Ashley was only there for a short time, and then Kaiden was avail for male shep and Ash was not for Fem shep, then I wanted to romance Steve Cortez but found out he was gay but I was soooo determine to make mine(not in a sick way ok, just listen to what he says to you when you help him out you'd be confused WHY NOT), I mean how can he say all those legit butter smooth words to me but not actually love me *rolling on the ground in tears*
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:
j20019 wrote: My question: Will future Winter Wolves games have a romance path like this (the option to have a female protag attempt to seduce a straight woman)? And f not, would you consider it?

Hmm I never thought about that, but it's indeed interesting! I could have something like that already in Planet Stronghold sequel, perhaps in an expansion since there are already a lot of romances planned for the main game :mrgreen:
Oh please let it be Rumi, was my favorite from PS but she wasn't an option for Lisa.

In all seriousness though, that is just my personal selfish thoughts and as awesome as that would be, please don't feel pressured or let it limit your creativity, as you and your collaborators do amazing work!.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, the topic of "main character trying to seduce a straight woman/man" is very delicate as you can imagine (if you remember we had some disagreements in Roger Steel thread about that).
However not saying I won't do it of course, just that need to be done properly :) For this specific game, mainly depends on the artist availability do draw the CGs (she has to finish the camp talk poses yet).
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Well, I suppose I should give my opinion...

In Loren, the "reverse" happened, with Loren being apparently a lesbian and if romantically pursued by Saren, would "turn straight". It bothered me a little(since I'm a lesbian and there is a misconception that a lesbian is only a lesbian because "haven't met the "right man" for her), but, the game deals with a "forbbiden love" kinda thing(not that is very excusable, mind you, but rellevant), so this sorta kept me out of criticizing this point, but this was a very, VERY risky thing that if made wrong, would damage the reputation of the game. Doing the reverse, "a straight character turning gay for another" is also a bit "dangerous" because it suggests that anyone can be "turned", which isn't realistic. So I completely dissagree with such practices(in Loren was barelly acceptable, for one), HOWEVER, what I believe it wouldn't be so troublesome is, let's say, a character(let's name him "X") didn't know he might be attracted to a Y character. In other words: A apparently "straight character who is curious but is too timid, or something like that, and by the player character prodding, would take a leap of faith and risk exploring his interests. This "might" work, but as I said:

Too dangerous.