Save/Load Game Screen | False information

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
G7kZ2o
Young scout

Save/Load Game Screen | False information

Post by G7kZ2o »

Hi,

just curious if this is a known issue. In the Save/Load Game Screen slots, the details about chapter and level of the main character are incorrect. Playing Lisa Nelson currently.

Regards,
G7kZ2o

PS:
Awesome game so far. Especially the sci-fi theme.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Save/Load Game Screen | False information

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm what you mean exactly? I think maybe in the early chapters it might not be updated indeed (I update the savegame information once in a while). Thanks
Sauzer
Young scout

Post by Sauzer »

...Yes I think there's some bug there on the information of every saved game.

Looking at the SAVE/LOAD screen, the information of every saved game is as follows:

Number of saved game - Date and Time
Number of Chapter and Title of Chapter
Player Character, Level of the character and type of character

I have finished the game with the Lisa character, but all my saved games show the following information:

Number of saved game- Date and Time
Chapter 2: Code Red
(Lisa Nelson Level 2 Soldier)

The chapter is wrong (on a lot of saved games I'm nearly to finish the game, for example Lisa as meet Damien already) and the level of the player character too (on a lot of saved games she's more than level 2), the type of character (soldier) is correct.

Curiously the game keeps saying on every saved game that you are on chapter 2: Code Red and that the player character is always level 2, no matter how far you get in the game.

It seems that the information is showed correctly (or at least changes) if you save soon (then it shows only number of saved game, date and time) or at chapter 1: the arrival (it show correctly chapter 1: the arrival, I think). Or maybe at the beginning of chapter 2, because the game insists informing about that chapter. Because I don't have actually saved games from the first chapters I can't tell with security.

Of course I'm playing the latest version 1.4e, but anyway if I remember correctly it happened before on the previous version too.

By the way, the saved games of the previous version aren't compatibles with 1.4e (or that it seems because when I was loading some of them they give me an error), I deleted them and started the game again to play with the Lisa character and finish the game as I have told (I don't mind deleting saved games and start again, the game is fun :)).

I'm playing the Windows version.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah then might be the information that doesn't get updated after chapter 2! Will take a look, I think is something that has changed in Ren'Py that affected it, I coded that game with a very old version of Ren'Py (from 2010 or so!)