Best Damage from Main Character/NPC

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
ValHallen
Druid

Re: Best Damage from Main Character/NPC

Post by ValHallen »

whats the level and hp of your soldier? i still think the guardian is the best tank
and scout are better in the burst mode, especially when you get the best sniper rifle, the pulsar. Rebecca did a insane amount of dmg wit this rifle
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

in PS1 the Guardian is the main damage dealer. At least in my setup. Soldier was a close second. And both were useful in the tank role.

I mostly used the soldier firing a burst to aggro. 4 or 5 shoots did not make much difference esp. with loss of critical hits. Also the weapons a soldier can use do not have enough power to really shine against the armored enemies common in the late game. But the fragile party members were targeted less often, and that was why it worked out well.

However, to really deal damage, I noticed it was better to get a fat gun which overcomes the enemy target reduction, and the guardian was the one who could wield the best of them. I even contemplated using two guardians, but I could not stand Tom, the only guardian except the PC.

The sniper was useful for reliable finishing enemies at below 10HP. Or for using healing kits, when necessary. Or to restore psi points to Rumi.

The main healer was my Psi-Corps-Member. I used Psi also for the attack, to paralyze/soften up/finish enemies, but Rumi really did shine in the healer role. As damage dealer she needed to spend psi points, which were needed for different purposes all too often. However, when Rumi struck, she did really deal a lot of damage, more than anyone else; even more than the guardian could.
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Post by deathknight1728 »

ValHallen wrote:whats the level and hp of your soldier? i still think the guardian is the best tank
and scout are better in the burst mode, especially when you get the best sniper rifle, the pulsar. Rebecca did a insane amount of dmg wit this rifle
My soldier has 145 health and is only lvl 9. Even when the same lvl, he still has more health than Michelle who is also a soldier. What I find is that although I haven't played Guardians, Soldiers are cool to role-play with. I made josh the sap by using only guns with explosive damage, the explosive skill and burst attack everything usually. The next time I finish this game Im going to use a scout just for a change.
?
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Post by deathknight1728 »

ValHallen wrote:finished my hard run with a guardian, i had 85 in heavy weapons (for the Purple Rain, nice Prince refference ), 80 in heavy armor (for the Omicron, until then i used the Kronos or Nucleus, depending of the enemie), and 97 in evasion
very solid build, the only problem i had was in against the first 2 bosses (dredan healer and vasus soulsucker), but after i got a few lvls all the other bosses were very easy
Just wow. My previous soldier got around 30-35 damage per round, Im now playing a scout (2nd playthrough) and the damage is much higher and with pistols no less!

I currently have for my pc the pistol "Sparrow". Best damn pistol in the game and only when used by a scout. Normally the pistol has 4 shots in normal mode. However since I am a scout, I have 3 shots in aimed mode. But get this, Im only lvl 5 and my critical rate is much higher than for my soldier. What this means is that with 2 shots I can break 28-30 damage along with another normal shot at about 6-7. Add on top that I am increasing light weapons by a lot each level. I am hoping to get to 160 light weapons by end game and maybe higher.

At that point I will likely be doing 43-50 damage per round and thats only with 2 criticals. When I get 3 criticals, watch out. Best pistol in the game, you bet!
?