Elenor Epilogue Question (Spoilers)

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Alzaire
Young scout

Elenor Epilogue Question (Spoilers)

Post by Alzaire »

Hello. I just finished my playthrough as Elenor romancing Loren. My wife and I were gutted at the epilogue we got where
Spoiler:
Loren is eventually killed in a duel and leaves Elenor alone, wanting nothing more than Loren and missing her
. We wanted to know if there are any epilogues where
Spoiler:
everyone survives and Loren and Elenor live happily ever after, or something similar
? We are reluctant to play through for another ending to try it ourselves so we don't get our hearts broken again. XD
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Elenor Epilogue Question (Spoilers)

Post by Miakoda »

Spoiler:
It certainly is possible to get an ending where everyone lives. This partially requires allowing Zeal to defeat Fost (so don't attack him).

If you are looking for an ending where Loren and Elenor are happily together, then sadly that isn't in this game (though who knows if the ending will change in Loren 2...).
Alzaire
Young scout

Post by Alzaire »

Damn, that is a shame. :( Is it a bittersweet ending if you romance her with Saren as well?
Spoiler:
Like Loren dying in a duel in the epilogue again or something.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Spoiler:
If you are interested in a traditional 'they live happily ever after', then Loren and Saren are the way to go :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Maybe there'll be a DLC where Loren develops parthenogenesis so no one has to challenge her for her lack of an offspring to continue the bloodline.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Alzaire wrote:Damn, that is a shame. :( Is it a bittersweet ending if you romance her with Saren as well?
Spoiler:
Like Loren dying in a duel in the epilogue again or something.
No with saren, Loren win all her duel and give birth to a boy, the first amazon prince
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Alzaire wrote:Hello. I just finished my playthrough as Elenor romancing Loren. My wife and I were gutted at the epilogue we got where
Spoiler:
Loren is eventually killed in a duel and leaves Elenor alone, wanting nothing more than Loren and missing her
. We wanted to know if there are any epilogues where
Spoiler:
everyone survives and Loren and Elenor live happily ever after, or something similar
? We are reluctant to play through for another ending to try it ourselves so we don't get our hearts broken again. XD
Actually, I somehow, inadvertently started quite a debate over Loren's romance with Elenor in the "Who's the best love interest" thread. :lol:

Maybe they could change something in the sequel, if nothing can be changed, then I would recommend you playing the expansion, or waiting for the the sequel to be launched next year. There will be some more GxG romances, maybe one could capture your fancy. :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha those epilogues were written without knowing if there was a sequel or not. Obviously, Loren will be alive in the sequel :mrgreen:
I can understand the confusion though for people new to those games with oh-so-many-multiple-choices (and endings!) so that in the end we MUST pick some canon ending otherwise we go nuts. Even if Aleema actually started the sequel offering a big choice of "canon endings" to start from, or if you prefer "starting condition" for the new story, I think will make everyone happy!
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Retconning endings in a sequel is nothing new at least, so you are in good company on that issue :D
Last edited by Miakoda on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QueenOfBlades
Young scout

Post by QueenOfBlades »

From what you said Jack, does that mean we can assume the Loren/Elenor romance epilogue doesn't happen? 'Cause technically it said at the end that the story of Loren was over, but there was still more to tell. I am assuming the fateful "duel" would have been later in Loren's life for her to be weak enough to be defeated. I really hope you can do something about the epilogue for those two, 'cause it was really upsetting having gotten really interested in the story and seeing the tender moments between the two, for Loren to be cut down in a duel later in life and leaving Elenor behind. It was a really bitter and sad ending and it gave me Mass Effect 3 syndrome - making me feel like the whole romance was pointless as we can't control one of them dying at the end.

I know with the expansion you don't have to choose one of them to die, but with the Loren/Elenor ending, the epilogue still stands; and whereas I was really excited for the sequel before me and my husband Alzaire (OP in this topic) finished Loren yesterday, I'm tentative now because I don't know if there'll feel like much point continuing their romance because we all know later on that Loren gets killed simply for loving Elenor, whereas if she'd had Saren, she'd be living "happily ever after" with kids or if Elenor chooses someone else, the "she died in a duel" epilogue isn't there for Loren. Loren is by far my favourite romance option but after seeing that epilogue, it makes me feel guilty and bitter for choosing her.

Feedback for Loren 2: Pleeeeeeeease change that heart rending epilogue. I kid you not, it has made me and my hubby down all day and all last night.