Did someone mention NAGAS!?

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Did someone mention NAGAS!?

Post by jack1974 »

Here are the colored versions of two naga lineart I posted a few months ago:
read carefully the 10 fun facts, in particular the LAST ONE! :mrgreen:
Jokes apart, in a future game would be interesting to allow players to romance Nagas and even Centaurs. Though I'm not so sure about the romance scenes :lol: :cry: :shock:
Sylrissa
Druid

Re: Did someone mention NAGAS!?

Post by Sylrissa »

I'm sure you and your artists could come up with creative and fitting scenes for the romance CGs involving such races for a future game!. You do have a great team after all ^_^
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Jokes apart, in a future game would be interesting to allow players to romance Nagas and even Centaurs. Though I'm not so sure about the romance scenes :lol: :cry: :shock:
Bareback riding certainly takes on a whole different meaning...
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Things got disturbing very fast O_____________________o

However, I would romance a Naga any day! They are soooooo hot!
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

I have been hesitating to post this, but ...

The picture of Nagas seems to be "off", some parts are not really fitting.

First of all: The two snake-flaps (do not know what they are called by biologists) go to the head of a real cobra. Here the flaps are below the human torso.

Second: The colors... having the snake part in green and beige and the human part in blue makes the Naga look like some evil surgeon did mad experiments. However, the Naga should be one being, with elements of two species, and the coloring should emphatise this unity, by using the same colors on head/body and tail.

Third: structure of skin (scales etc.): basically the same as the coloring, the two part would fall apart as soon as the sash is removed.

Sorry if it sounds too harsh.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Bah you nit-picking people! just look at them from the waist up :lol:
Jokes apart yeah I see a bit what you talk about. I'vee tried with green skin and it was rather ugly to look at (but nothing I can't change again if needed). To be honest for me they look fine overall, even if I agree that the centaurs feels more "one thing" than the Nagas.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Bah you nit-picking people! just look at them from the waist up :lol:
Jokes apart yeah I see a bit what you talk about. I'vee tried with green skin and it was rather ugly to look at (but nothing I can't change again if needed). To be honest for me they look fine overall, even if I agree that the centaurs feels more "one thing" than the Nagas.
You ultimately have to go with what seems best :)

One thing I actually liked with the idea of nagas is if one looks at the sheer variety present in snakes for color, design, etc. as well as physical attributes, they could be present in regional variants of nagas. In a game one group had cobra 'hoods', while another were more like rattlesnakes, etc.
even if I agree that the centaurs feels more "one thing" than the Nagas.[/
Feel's off? One thing I quickly found while I love the idea of centaurs, minotaurs, etc. sometimes the fusion can be a little off. Take the centaurs...half human, half horse, mixed in at the middle. (Note, this isn't a nit-pick on your drawing, just a general observation of most centaur, etc. art)

Now, I actually thought your ratmen pictures rocked. They were rats, but able to be bipedal without looking like Dr. Frankenstein made them after a late night of partying.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The problem with ratmen is that they're all too cute to be enemies :lol:
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Bah, I think the Nagas are too cute to be enemies, too. :P

Fans of biology will not like our new races in this game! (lizards with boobs ... *shudder*)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

jack1974 wrote:Bah you nit-picking people!
yes, that is me. :twisted:
I'vee tried with green skin and it was rather ugly to look at (but nothing I can't change again if needed).
What I imagine would be a yellow or beige belly and face(head), with rips; and a dark green scaled back (where only a bit is visible on the side). Then it would look both more like "human" and like the rest of the snake.
Aleema wrote:Fans of biology will not like our new races in this game! (lizards with boobs ... *shudder*)
Well, mythological creatures have a bit different rules than the boring earthly vertebrate. ;-) But I feel they should a least be consistent with themselfes.

Here is some Naga picture I like:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Naga-5955977
Though research has shown that most artist draw Nagas more like the ones you show.