about this RPG

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

about this RPG

Post by jack1974 »

So I revealed at least the working title which is "Seasons Of The Wolf".
A quick plot summary follows. It's written by myself so... don't expect any great writing! Also, some parts might be subject to change since it's still work in progress. This is just to give you the idea.
"Althea & Shea are two sibling living in the northern regions of Aravorn, desolated lands of ice, where villages are scarce as food is."
"They live with their father Morran nearby the town of Ninim. They lost their mother at young age."
"One day, one of the two sibling (depend which one the player decides to play) finds a young white wolf, his mother was just killed by pelt hunters."

The game takes places in four seasons (hence the name), starting in Winter and ending in Fall (or might be again Winter, depends).
You'll be able to choose three starting professions: Ranger (Warrior archetype), Hunter (Thief archetype) and Druid (Mage archetype). I am still thinking if to allow the player to choose also the sibling class, having a sort of double character creation, even if might be not very immersive. Not sure yet :)

The gameplay will be similar to Loren, reusing its engine modified to work at 1280x720 and with various changes (the most noticeable is the left to right display of the party/enemies, showing the full waist up sprite). The battlefield will still allow the same 6 vs 6 fights, and I'll try to make the weapons / armors have a bigger impact than in Loren.

Obviously, it is a smaller game than Loren, by word count and overall length, but I'm thinking about adding some more gameplay elements. So don't know, maybe in the end the play time will still be quite long :) But definitely want to try finishing it by this Fall!

I'm going to reveal the characters in the next days. I wanted to post one today, but there has been a problem with it, it should be more old looking and instead she isn't :lol: (my fault) So I've asked the colorist to fix it by making her gray hairs and the face looking a bit older. But he hadn't time to do the changes yet.
Also, I think would be lame to start from secondary characters, so I'll wait until the two siblings are colored before posting images, sorry :oops:
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Re: about this RPG

Post by Lonestar51 »

A white wolf? found in the winter? So, to say, a winterwolf? My curiosity is in full swing ;-)

Ths size of 1280*720 - ist this the minimum size, or what exactly? Other WW-games ran fine on my desktop (1680*1050) as well as on my 10 inch notebook (1024*600).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes you could call it a winter wolf :lol:
About the resolution that is the default size, so in the desktop won't be a problem, on the notebook might be a bit stretched but should still be playable (games automatically scale up/down to match the device resolution).
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Yay, a new game! So much to look forward to. Really loving the concept behind this one.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I had the idea to set the game in a frozen region this last Winter, when was taking walk outside to feed some stray cats we found nearby our home (they were really scared so impossible to find them a better place to stay). Anyway in the game the party will also travel in a desert-like region, fighting for their lives in an arena... but I'm saying already too much! :wink:
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Aww, that's nice feeding stray cats!

The game sounds great, sounds like it has some great locations. I love what you've told us about the characters so far.
abnaxus
Woods ranger

Post by abnaxus »

What's the significance of the white wolf in the game?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ehh you're asking too much! :wink: All I can say is that one of the sibling will take care of the wolf, and it will lead to a sudden change of events later in the story...
abnaxus
Woods ranger

Post by abnaxus »

Is White Fang movie an inspiration for the game?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Not really, since there are many differences. My inspiration for this game in a much simpler way, while taking walk outside when here was winter and everything was frozen :) and I had posted an idea about twins in the RPG ideas section (several months ago). Originally that was to be the steampunk game but I decided to set it in the Loren fantasy world since this way I could finish it by end of year (less work to do both in framework, reusing old enemy sprites, etc).