The mana situation

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: The mana situation

Post by yayswords »

Hehe. Stopping my regen dancing would require rather extreme encounter design. Anyway, a little SPR from gear together with this perhaps?
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

mostly unrelated (and probably better for the Loren 2 skill thread) but your "extreme encounter design" got me thinking - would it be possible to design skills working like a dead man's switch? I think of (no idea why ^^) "Otherwordly Drain" (Character binds own soul to the battle field, when K.O. the delayed curse lowers SP Regen of all enemies by 100 % for 8 turns.).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I will nerf down both the SP / HP regen songs in any case, since otherwise are really too powerful, especially the SP one. So take that in consideration when doing the act2 items :)
renke_ wrote:mostly unrelated (and probably better for the Loren 2 skill thread) but your "extreme encounter design" got me thinking - would it be possible to design skills working like a dead man's switch? I think of (no idea why ^^) "Otherwordly Drain" (Character binds own soul to the battle field, when K.O. the delayed curse lowers SP Regen of all enemies by 100 % for 8 turns.).
Those things could be possible even in SOTW though a bit of a hack again :lol: for Loren 2 yes, I don't think there should be problems. If I remember correctly, Anima is designing it in a way that there are several "events", like "on hit", "after hit", "after dead" etc so much more flexible than current system.
That is, unless I was drunk when I read the email where he was talking about that because right now I can't find it anymore :oops:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Why nerf the HP regen song? All other heals are % based anyway. There seems to be a lot of thinking that everything that is a problem with SPR is also a problem with HPR. But I don't really care for HPR. I certainly don't think HPR items should be as expensive as SPR. If you have 25 SPR, you have virtually infinite mana. If you have 25 HPR, you're certainly not virtually immortal.

Also renke, totally not what I had in mind, but I guess it could work. After Jack has disabled the curse from being dispelled anyway ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK will nerf only the SP for now, then we'll see during act3 testing. Those Nagas (the screenshot I posted) are tough no matter what (I managed to win but was hard when they heal and speed buff so well!).
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

jack1974 wrote: With the new enemy AI, I don't know if you'll have much time to dance around :twisted:
I'll dance around them once they are dead. :cool:

Admittedly, I have no idea how many other players (since I assume majority don't post here) go through acts 1 & 2 like I do..that is with minimal or no SPR during battles apart from what is given by skills and potions. So, if/when Jariel's SPR-jingle will be nerfed, I'm not engulfed by sadness. If I never had the toy to begin with I won't cry for losing it..... I use him way more for his Static Lullaby, anyway. :P

Yeah, since we have Jariel only for one or two fights, it's impossible to say now how overwhelming/underwhelming his skills are going to be in Act 3. Since the HPR-skill is currently %-based, I assume that it's OP for players with massive HP-pools but not for others.
#voteForVaelisPinUp
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

fabulaparva wrote:Since the HPR-skill is currently %-based, I assume that it's OP for players with massive HP-pools but not for others.
I'm getting my entire party to 40 con and I'm not really excited about it, though I haven't tried it, I guess it could be funny for fast characters. In fact, imagine a ranger spamming Taunt with its insanely low delay. He'd get those ticks while building aggro - but also lose the buff really fast.

The thing is that Jariel's abilities have rather big delay - he has nothing with less than 10, and he has abilities with as much as 20 - so I'm not really inclined to keep swapping his songs.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Taunt? The trick in Loren was just to swap places. Helped get rid of stagger fast too.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I wonder if swapping places had same delay as a melee attack, what people would do? :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Yes well, position swap has gained 1 delay since and there were no 2 delay actions in Loren IIRC. Plus the Taunt spam actually accomplishes something (Guard is another 2 delay action though). Another important thing to note is that position swap causes 4 delay for both you and your partner, so it's effectively an 8 delay action. You can try it in a pretty funny way: At the start of a fight (with an act 2 sized party), have your first character to act swap positions with your second fastest. And then every character after that swaps with Mr. second fastest, repeat until you've lost. I assure you Mr. second fastest will not get to act once.

Swapping does not need more delay Jack :P it takes me 24 delay total to recover from a Slam ("mass push") :D