Art Thread

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
kadakithis
Druid

Re: Art Thread

Post by kadakithis »

can't wait! Intrested in attack annimations, it helps because it can feel like a long list when you and them are attacking and can be confusing which character is doing it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes absolutely, now it's already much more clear what is happening vs before. It will still be a bit confusing for the abilities since I don't have those animations yet, but for basic attack, sure :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

added a very basic, step by step tutorial, explaining some key concepts like Walls, invisible units, charge, double attack and force shield. Hopefully with this, everyone will be able to enjoy the card game :)
I also tested up to the 3rd mission again, and seems good so far. Tomorrow I plan to finally begin adding and testing the missions from 5 to 10. Unsure if I'll make the new version in time for this weekend though :oops:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:Unsure if I'll make the new version in time for this weekend though :oops:
It's ok with me, I'm working this weekend. :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

One thing I'm unsure is if to go on with the fixed decks until end of tutorial, or simply allow the deck builder but restrict the available hero to the one who accompany you in the mission (in the first 9, each of the other team members goes with you in a specific order).
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I like the fixed decks, suits your story and tutorials in general. But maybe a brief something on how to build decks?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That will be in the side missions and at the end of tutorials (I also have added a big tutorial on the first mission this time).
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

That's a lot of text! Can you cut it down to half of that?
Units covered in fog are invisible and cannot be targeted by attacks or abilities. Fortunately, we have a scout that can reveal it. Select the scout, then click on the empty space to the right of the Roboant.
(I'm not actually sure if the "empty space" part is right since it doesn't match the picture.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I need to get the tutorial texts checked by writer, or by testers :)
The space is on the right of roboant but the arrow point to the invisible unit (I can even add another next to roboant if necessary).
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Is it at all possible to put the empty space to the right of the invisible unit? I think that would be simplest for a tutorial. If not, a red arrow or a box indicating what to target would be fine.