Heileen 3 development thread

A visual novel set in the 17th century: https://www.winterwolves.com/heileen3.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Heileen 3 development thread

Post by jack1974 »

As you might already know if you read my blog, I decided to start Heileen 3. The good news is that I have asked Rebecca (the artist who drew all my early games) and she said that she will manage to find some time to work on Heileen 3 new ending CGs around this November :) So won't have to look for another replacement artist!
So far don't have much to show, just an early screenshot:
which shows clearly that the game will bring back more romance and all associated things (jealousy, flirting, etc) that were somehow a bit absent in the second episode. And then as you know, it will be a dating sim, not just a simple visual novel. Perhaps even a town-sim if I manage to work out a good gameplay system (not too much complex).
The game will have two main kind of statistics. The classic RPG-like ones that define your character: strength,dexterity,agility,wisdom,charisma and piety (which you can raise doing the dating-sim activities) and the seven sins/virtues ones already present in the second game.
The RPG stats will influence the town-sim gameplay, and some dialogue options / events (have yet to decide this part), while the seven sins/virtues will affect the ending you get. It will be something similar to Spirited Heart, but set in the world of the 17th century in the Caribbeans, on a pirate fleet :lol: I think it should be a unusual but also interesting setting, different from the classic medieval fantasy ones.

I have currently planned 28 unique ending, each one with 3 smaller variants, for a total of 84 different ones! 8)
fleetp
Druid

Re: Heileen 3 development thread

Post by fleetp »

I've played the demo of one of the earlier Heileen games some time ago, but don't remember anything about it. Will this game be standalone, or would I have to play the earlier games to understand what's going on?
very respectfully,
fleet
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, at beginning of the game there's a short summary - so you're not required to play previous ones, even if playing one after the other you discover all the various aspects of the story and the character's past :)
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Thanks for the information. :)

"There ain't nothin' in the world like a big-eyed girl . . . " J.P. Richardson, better known as the Big Bopper
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

My personal favorite from the game is Lora... if you saw some of her images you know why ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

A short WIP scene that shows well the mood/spirit of this third game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw0WcfN3tlc
if you pick the other dialogues, some more fun stuff will happens, like Morgan being jelous of John or "too much" interested in Lora after what you tell him... :mrgreen:
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Loved the video of Heileen 3 and very excited for the game now :) But one question.
Spoiler:
Wasn't Morgan originally called Marcus? Is he going to be called Morgan the whole game this time?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, he'll be called Morgan during the whole game, since "the other name" is how he was known in his "old life" :)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Ah thanks for clearing that up :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Because of the nature of this game (dating / life sim) I have removed the quest screen, but added a "Status" screen:
which will show your "alignment" and the skills you have. The alignment will be done using the virtues/sins system seen in the second game, slightly modified. I'm going to make a temporary WIP screen soon, which will be more clear than words :mrgreen: