Planet Stronghold version 1.5 (Deluxe)

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Planet Stronghold version 1.5 (Deluxe)

Post by jack1974 »

OK decided to upload it to the main site since testing seems to go well (plus wanted to upload the new layout). So now the new downloads are:
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... -1.5.2.exe
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... -1.5.2.zip
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... .2.tar.bz2

includes all OSes version in a .zip. If you bought the strategy guide, you can play the game with the new feature (collect metal scraps after each battle and assemble new items). If you haven't, you can do it here:
http://www.winterwolves.com/buy.php?prod=17030044

Of the new items, some are quite powerful, others not. I'll leave to you the pleasure to find out which one are worth getting :) In the end, I decided to not make other changes since I prefer to focus working on new games (and each new feature/zone/etc could cause extra bugs, so...).

What's New in 1.5.2
- fixed bug that was causing the new assemble item screen to not appear later in the game
- reverted to slightly older version of Ren'Py to avoid some weird errors

What's New in 1.5
- changed the difficulty levels, making everything slightly more difficult. Removed the super-easy level and added a Nightmare level. Don't try that one unless you like to die :lol:
- new GUI artwork, changed font, new buttons, etc
- added new feature: if you have bought the strategy guide expansion, beside the 4 extra weapon you will now collect "metal scraps" after each battle. If you visit Lucille in the science laboratory, you can ask her to assemble an item (if you have enough metal scraps).
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

Re: Planet Stronghold version 1.5 (Deluxe)

Post by deathknight1728 »

So we can buy the strategy guide now? It is complete, or just partially complete. Just asking as the link wouldn't come up.
?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Which link wouldn't come up ?
Is in beta, but I tried the item assembling and works, I don't think there's any major bug :)
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

I managed to get past that part and it worked just like you said. I downloaded the game and paid for the strategy guide. Theres a few problems with saving/loading screen. The saving and loading screen just has 4 save games that were for previous characters I made. Since this version is new, it would only have load and save in the background while those 4 screens were taking up space in the front. I don't know what could cause that.
?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes, because I changed the layout in the load/save screen so the thumbnails are too big. I forgot to change the directory, since this version is not compatible with previous save games (it will cause problems). Will fix it today, thanks.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK updated it (same download link). You need to start a new game to see the new changes though :oops:
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Thank you Jack, time to revisit PS as Lisa again while waiting :)
deathknight1728
Woods ranger

I usually play PSTronghold on my mac, but this might help you if you are looking for bugs for pc. There are 2 ive noticed on my pc laptop (asus). 1-When playing the game in smaller mode instead of fullscreen mode, the bottom part is cut off by about 1/2 an inch. 2-Again on pc, from time to time when the game is moving forward from text in beginning, there is a line that goes across the screen when moving from text box to text box. These are minor errors but I just thought to mention them while I still can. You fixed the other error I mentioned before which was on the mac the save screen ;)
?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah I think is just a videocard driver problem, try pressing shift+G while playing and choose DirectX renderer, I think will solve the graphic artifact problem :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Righty then, upgraded to Deluxe, now let's see if I have time to fool around with this over the weekend.

(I'm not going to do fan proofreading of a branching RPG with 6 love interests though, especially when you remove super-easy level and I have to actually work my way through the game. :lol: )