Review of PS

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
quintega
Young scout

Review of PS

Post by quintega »

Hey guys I've done a few reviews of different games by this group so I got permission to share them here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcytwFRS ... e=youtu.be
Jaeger
Druid

Re: Review of PS

Post by Jaeger »

You trailed off at some points, and it was difficult to hear you at times.

Crafting felt more like a shop than actually gathering materials and making something out of it. The majority of the the equipment acquired through trading scraps are not any better than the default equipment, let alone side quests. This an addition of the "Deluxe" that could have been improved upon.

Grenades, for the most part, did not stack in order to limit the number of uses in battle. They are powerful tools that guaranteed damage over a group of enemies. If you wanted to make heavy use of grenades, there was an trade-off in sacrificing slots that could have been used for curative items, or switching equipment.
Last edited by Jaeger on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

I agree with quintega on grenades. One grenade didn't make much of a difference by itself, and it was too much of a hassle to continually re-equip them during combat to build a strategy on them. Stackable grenades would have caused me to use them a lot more. And while we're at it, it would have been nice to have been able to stack several other things as well, like combining a med kit (1) with a med kit (3) to get a med kit (4).

Haven't tried the crafting system. It was added on after I played.

The review did trail off and become hard to hear at some points. Hopefully that won't happen in the Loren review... (*hint*hint*)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah, the way I coded that thing made it hard/impossible to make stackable items :oops: but...but... I was just a young inexperienced coder!
...not really, but I've improved a lot since that game, and now in general I leave the coding part to real coders like Anima :wink:
quintega
Young scout

Post by quintega »

Yeah I'm gonna have to record it else where my house makes it difficult to record. This was a nightmare to film. Thanks for the input though. This review was more of a nightmare than my others because crap kept happening for the 3 months I tried to do it. Next time I'll have better mic and not so much of and issue. Thanks for the input though, and Jack relax you did great and you learned your capabilities. Thats more than can be said about most game companies in the mainstream.